The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone I am prepping for my next DIY project,

I was really hoping someone with experience working with the elige could help me with a wiring question.

Is their a wire Anywhere that gets power only At Wide Open Throttle? 2006+

If not what about the Wiring for the stock airbox flap, is there something in their controlling that flap at V-timing or is it a vacuum based thing?

Anyone with any help would be appreciated or even if you know the guy to be asking lemmi know. Like I said in an earlier post, That TurboPhil Guy, for some reason I think he knows rotfl

:shift:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hey everyone I am prepping for my next DIY project,

I was really hoping someone with experience working with the elige could help me with a wiring question.

Is their a wire Anywhere that gets power only At Wide Open Throttle? 2006+

If not what about the Wiring for the stock airbox flap, is there something in their controlling that flap at V-timing or is it a vacuum based thing?

Anyone with any help would be appreciated or even if you know the guy to be asking lemmi know. Like I said in an earlier post, That TurboPhil Guy, for some reason I think he knows rotfl

:shift:
I think your best bet would be to install a switch on the throttle pedal, less dinking around and you could adjust it.
The snorkle flap you refer to is controlled by the ecu via a solenoid connected to vacuum, however I think it probably openes at something under 100%

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yea I figured that's a good last resort, but I want a wire
I'm guessing from the overwhelming lack of response that one doesn't exist.

What exactly are you trying to do with your little WOT wire anyway?

·
Registered
262 Posts
are you talking about 100% pedal position or 100% butterfly position....I believe the butterfly only opens like 60% even at WOT

·
Registered
151 Posts
Full pedal 100% . And since it's drive by wire it could b possible
The throttle body is controlled by the ECU. The ECU will open the throttle as much as is commanded by input from the accelerator via the parameters in the tune. There is no "full throttle wire". Unless you just want to put 12 volts to the actuator and be WOT all the time???

Throttle opening is increased in many of the aftermarket tunes. This is your best option.

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input, but I am not looking to adjust the butterfly.

I know there is a sensor by the petal that sends a signal to ecu, but it is a pulsing signal from what I have read and the faster the pulse the wider open the throttle goes. But I was hoping I could get lucky and find some magic wire that got power at WOT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts