The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been meaning to post this for awhile now, but kept forgetting. I ordered the ExtendView mirrors from ReallyLightStuff awhile back & absolutely love them! I bought the blue anti-glare glass for night driving, & now I can see in all the blind spots that the stock side mirrors missed. They're a little pricey ($155/pair), but worth every penny. I'm not paranoid at all anymore when changing lanes or backing up. Just wanted to share my impressions in case anyone else hates the blind spots on their Evora as much as I did. No one asked/suggested that I post a review, nor do I get any type of compensation. I don't even know anyone from RLS to be candid. Just a very pleased customer with these mirrors & I consider them cheap insurance for all the cars who like to sneak up on me & stay in my blindspots to take pics. I can actually see 2 lanes over on each side, which comes in very handy in the chaotic Dallas traffic. I highly recommend these to any & all Evora owners. :UK:

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Nice review. Easily the most difficult car to back up or see rearward traffic I've ever driven. My son came close to merging right into a truck on an interstate over the weekend.

·
Registered
635 Posts
What is the install like? My driver's side mirror is wobbly, and it's driving me nuts. Would be great if this completely replaced it.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Yeah, yeah, but is it LIGHTER?!

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
can you post a link MM?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Did you look into using the European/ROW glass that is convex and would be a straight swap?
Also, as it's just a standard Jaguar part I'm sure there are quite a few options out there that wouldn't require a group buy or a stick on component.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wasn't aware of them. These are convex too though & the adhesive is more than sufficient.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Did you look into using the European/ROW glass that is convex and would be a straight swap?
Also, as it's just a standard Jaguar part I'm sure there are quite a few options out there that wouldn't require a group buy or a stick on component.
Which Jag are the mirrors from?

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
The mirrors are available and for sale any day on ReallyLightStuff.com , the group buys were for the launch of the product: no need to wait now.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I received my pair today!
The quality of these mirrors is quite impressive.
I can't wait to install them this weekend and give them a try on the track.
:clap:

·
Registered
529 Posts
cheap blind spot fix?

I've been meaning to post this for awhile now, but kept forgetting. I ordered the ExtendView mirrors from ReallyLightStuff awhile back & absolutely love them! I bought the blue anti-glare glass for night driving, & now I can see in all the blind spots that the stock side mirrors missed. They're a little pricey ($155/pair), but worth every penny. I'm not paranoid at all anymore when changing lanes or backing up. Just wanted to share my impressions in case anyone else hates the blind spots on their Evora as much as I did. No one asked/suggested that I post a review, nor do I get any type of compensation. I don't even know anyone from RLS to be candid. Just a very pleased customer with these mirrors & I consider them cheap insurance for all the cars who like to sneak up on me & stay in my blindspots to take pics. I can actually see 2 lanes over on each side, which comes in very handy in the chaotic Dallas traffic. I highly recommend these to any & all Evora owners. :UK:
I had the dubious distinction of attending a Florida driver's training class a number of years ago (no points for "spe.....ing" if attended).The main thing I learned from the eldely gentleman was a way of setting all 3 mirrors (in cabin REAR view, and the two external SIDE view).
The suggestion was:
1- to center the rear view out the back window with driver comfortable sitting/centered in seat.
2-then lean head up to the driver's door window and adjust driver's side view mirror out to just be able to sight along side of car.
3-then lean head into center of cabin and adjust passenger side mirror to just be able to sight along passenger side of car.

In so doing, I have found (on essentially every car I have tried this) that it works wonderfully in filling in the blind spot. As a vehicle leaves the view from the rear view mirror, it appears in the side view mirror. As it leaves the side view mirror, it appears in your peripheral/central vision out the door window as you are viewing the door mirrors.

Minor adjustments afford nearly complete viewing as cars approach and then pass (or you pass them while overtaking) on either side.

Most drivers adjust the side view mirrrors in too closely and essentially use them as ancillary rear view devices.
It took me (and my wife!) a little getting used to in stopping the head swinging and turning we had become accustomed to when the mirrors were set improperly. For now simply scanning the three mirrors allows full view of cars on either side or rear, and a sense of relief that the blind spot is no longer a concern. Just my observations, and works for me.......
:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just got mine. This may sound stupid, but, how do you attach the mirrors with the adhesive sticks. Do both sides of the adhesive peel off because I can only get one side off. I would like some guidance on this issue, please.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
I just got mine. This may sound stupid, but, how do you attach the mirrors with the adhesive sticks. Do both sides of the adhesive peel off because I can only get one side off. I would like some guidance on this issue, please.
Yes, the discs are double-sided adhesive: the paper comes off of both sides, exposing the adhesive.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had the dubious distinction of attending a Florida driver's training class a number of years ago (no points for "spe.....ing" if attended).The main thing I learned from the eldely gentleman was a way of setting all 3 mirrors (in cabin REAR view, and the two external SIDE view).
The suggestion was:
1- to center the rear view out the back window with driver comfortable sitting/centered in seat.
2-then lean head up to the driver's door window and adjust driver's side view mirror out to just be able to sight along side of car.
3-then lean head into center of cabin and adjust passenger side mirror to just be able to sight along passenger side of car.

In so doing, I have found (on essentially every car I have tried this) that it works wonderfully in filling in the blind spot. As a vehicle leaves the view from the rear view mirror, it appears in the side view mirror. As it leaves the side view mirror, it appears in your peripheral/central vision out the door window as you are viewing the door mirrors.

Minor adjustments afford nearly complete viewing as cars approach and then pass (or you pass them while overtaking) on either side.

Most drivers adjust the side view mirrors in too closely and essentially use them as ancillary rear view devices.
It took me (and my wife!) a little getting used to in stopping the head swinging and turning we had become accustomed to when the mirrors were set improperly. For now simply scanning the three mirrors allows full view of cars on either side or rear, and a sense of relief that the blind spot is no longer a concern. Just my observations, and works for me.......
:)
I've used this same method & it works well. The Evora seems to be an exception though. After backing into a pole cost me a new bumper w/paint job, $500 deductible, & a month without my car the mirrors are just cheap insurance & peace of mind IMHO.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had to use the tip of my pocket knife blade to lift the paper off the disc...it worked much better than using my fingernail & failing miserably.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've used this same method & it works well. The Evora seems to be an exception though. After backing into a pole cost me a new bumper w/paint job, $500 deductible, & a month without my car the mirrors are just cheap insurance & peace of mind IMHO.
Sorry to hear! I use this for when I'm at speed/on the road (forward motion); have not considered it for reversing. Agree-backing up in the Evora is trying at least: and backing and parking by "braille" is disheartening......!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GOT IT!!!! Thanks!!
No problem! :)

Sorry to hear! I use this for when I'm at speed/on the road (forward motion); have not considered it for reversing. Agree-backing up in the Evora is trying at least: and backing and parking by "braille" is disheartening......!!!!
LOL, I've never heard of parking by braille before...that's a good one! :up:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts