The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how you can wire the wideband sensor from the front dash all the way to the exhaust? I'm looking for a hole or something that leads to the engine bay.... I figure I can find it faster if I ask someone who installed one

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
There are existing hole(s) used by lotus to run wiring and things from the cabin to the engine bay. IIRC one of them is low on the driver side. Depending upon the connector size you may be able to cut the existing grommet there and slide the wideband connector / wiring through.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Run it from cat along the shift cables, through the hole for shift cables, up the console to the front bulkhead.

If you're going to where the stereo is/was, you'll then run to the right and in front of the airbag since that's the only way to get there. You'll also need to extend the cables by 6-12" if you go that route; the harness that it comes with is not long enough.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I am interested in this thread because of wanting to install a UEGO and a Defi boost gauge in the very very near future. I know how I am going to route the wires. My question is where to tap in all of the wifre for the gauge such as 12v, ignition, and ground...... any advice would be great.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am interested in this thread because of wanting to install a UEGO and a Defi boost gauge in the very very near future. I know how I am going to route the wires. My question is where to tap in all of the wifre for the gauge such as 12v, ignition, and ground...... any advice would be great.
I put the gauges in a pod where the stereo was and hooked into the stereo wires. I used a harness so that the car-side is unmolested for easy reversal and I was able to do all the wiring on the bench. Works and looks great.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got this from a fellow LT member that had the AEM installed... I was reading through his thread and decided to send him a message. This is going to be a BIG help for all of us!

Westrock said:
Ahh yes, I should back up a bit. Currently my guages are installed on top of the dash. Thats what required extending the wires. When I had it on the center tunnel it only needed the original length.

The easiest way is to run the cables through under the bottom of the car, through the hole where the shifter cables are and through the center tunnel.

You can then mount a guage on the aluminum center divider. I used a Auto Meter carbon fiber cup which I bought from Summit Racing

However since I wanted to add more gauges and I wanted to be able to see them all the time I moved them up to on top of the dash. Used the same cups. This required cutting the dash though.

Still run the cables through the center console, but then up under the dash and up through the holes on the side.

For power (particulary the switched "ignition" source) you can use sources from the dash with the fuse holders. Consult the owners manual to find something that switches with the ignition.

There are also some power sources under the dash if you take that path. There is a power terminal for constant 12V as well as you can tap into the switched power on the radio.

Hope that helps you get some ideas :) [/QUOTE=Westrock]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts