The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You may have seen a sneak peek of the scoops here: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157/exige-photos-29287/index49.html#post1270036

I acquired this set through Jacob (Knucklehead); they have at least 50% more frontal area than the stock Exige side scoops, and of course they extend outward into cleaner air as well. I'm planning on using the extra intake area to test a set of supplemental intercooler air ducts (no I haven't started any work on that yet...).

More photos:

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
you have more of a head on photo? or one that compares to stock ones? I took the grilles of the stock one. I want these but will have to wait.

BTW, you stoled my idear!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Did they fit okay without requiring modification?

Looks like there is a slight gap at the top?

Otherwise, nice!

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts

Otherwise, nice!
just throw some weather stripping on the inside. case closed. :)

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wow great pics Andy! The car looks awesome!:clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks Jacob, I agree!

Otherwise, nice!
This is a prototype set, and I fabricated my own brackets. There is supposed to be a gap around the entire scoop, the stock piece has it also. I'm still debating whether I should put grilles on them, so I haven't fine tuned the fit to absolute perfection yet...

you have more of a head on photo? or one that compares to stock ones? I took the grilles of the stock one. I want these but will have to wait.

BTW, you stoled my idear!
rotfl

Here you go Ara:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
BTW a special thanks to Andy from all of us at TWRD. This was the first set of side scoops for us and Andy was the perfect first customer for us. We greatly appreciate his patience and help in perfecting this product.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Thanks Andy! Those are pretty large. Larger than Reverie I would say...nice...

oh yeah I forgot to mention for the other poster, the gap at the top is irrelevant because the bodywork comes down for the scoop to mount anyway (which you can see in the pic). If it's going to leak, it would be at the back or bottom.

What's the width of the opening? Seeing if a 3" flexible hose can fit at the top half of the scoop.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Andy! Those are pretty large. Larger than Reverie I would say...nice...

oh yeah I forgot to mention for the other poster, the gap at the top is irrelevant because the bodywork comes down for the scoop to mount anyway (which you can see in the pic). If it's going to leak, it would be at the back or bottom.

What's the width of the opening? Seeing if a 3" flexible hose can fit at the top half of the scoop.
Oh, I think so... :D

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
from seeing that pic, i forgot to take into account the inside area. Might be a tight fit for 3"?

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
looks good enough to me :D

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
unrelated... what's the width of the R888s at the back?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
definitely need some mesh there imo.

Looks great otherwise though.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
definitely need some mesh there imo.

Looks great otherwise though.
Thanks, I know what you mean... after I figure out how the ducting fits in, I'll paint the brackets satin black and make up a grille using mesh similar to the hatch, not like the stock scoop mesh...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
whats everybodys beef with the factory side scoop mesh>?

Ive heard of people removing it a few times now. . .

1 - 20 of 64 Posts