The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Curious if you guys know where I can get tires for my Revolution mags?
16 x 8. 245 x 50 x 16
15 x 7. 215 x 50 x 15
Mike.

·
Super Moderator
4,180 Posts
Hi.
Curious if you guys know where I can get tires for my Revolution mags?
16 x 8. 245 x 50 x 16
15 x 7. 215 x 50 x 15
Mike.
www.tirerack.com

That front will be 3/4" smaller diameter in the front with 20mm wider on the same narrow 7" rim. The handling may be compromised a bit as the 'narrower' rim on the 215 mm wide tire may 'wobble' a bit more.

The rear is about 1/2" smaller diameter in the OEM rear with only 10mm wider on the same 8" rim. The slightly wider tire may be OK for most drivers.

The rear tire is available in several brands on www.tirerack.com, but the tires are just good enough for most street drivers - nothing exotic. The front size you listed isn't available on that site at all, but plenty of 205x50x15 tire choices. 205x50x15 will be 1" diameter smaller, so your front end will be 1/2" lower - could be an issue on some driveways.

You can play with tire sizes and such on
Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com -> Size comparer.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I agree with Eddie...tirerack.com is real good...love their prices and here where I live, I usually get it the next day since their distribution center is in Reno or Nevada.

Not sure about shipping to Canada though...you might want to shop around to compare local pricing and availability to see which way is cheaper. Never used them, but isn't there a place called Canadian Tire out there? Most any local tire store should be able to order or source the sizes you need...it all comes down to price :)

Roy

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
The 245/50/16 will be easy to get and will be available for a long, long time since it was also a standard IROC Camaro tire size. The larger 255/50/16 will be similar since it was standard on '84 to '87 Corvettes. This is a good thing since other sizes are getting scarce as time goes on.

The 215/50/15 is the one that will give you the most headaches in locating as very few still make this size. I have seen some people go to the more readily available 225/50/15, but it does make the front look a little tall on some Esprits.

I have also heard of people going to a 55 series tire as an alternative by going to a lower initial number and higher in profile to compensate, but am not sure what size they used. 195/55/15? Something like that. Hopefully others can give you some good options.

Roy

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas.
The rear Revolutions are 8.5" wide! Thanks.
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts