The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats going on guys, im about to pickup a set of wheels and am wondering what the widest available wheel/tire i can fit in the stock elise body. either im not looking properly or theres limited threads on it, but im having a hard time figuring out the correct offset and what width wheels i can fit in the stock body, at stock height. looking for a meaty tire setup. thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
RAC monolite wheels with a seven inch width front, eight inch width rear, fill out the fenders to the edge and look nice. I run 205 width tire front and 245 width rear.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
well it will obviously depend on what size rim you run (height & width)

but if you plan to run an 8 inch rear or wider to be sure the e-brake cable isn't rubbing on the rim (it might be close)

I had to zip-tie mine back a little

i'm personally running a 245 wide on a 16x8 rear rim... I should be able to run a 255 without rubbing the fender if the rear isn't too low (but finding that size in a 16 is tough)

17's clearly have a much better size range to choose from though...

lots of variables that will come into play depending on how wide you want to go (wheel offset, fender clearance/ride height, spring rate, rim size, tire height... you get the point)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was told a 255 with an 8.5 wide wheel around +20-+25 would fit. how much clearance from the tire to suspension would i expect to have? also, if lowered an inch or so?

ps, looking to go 17 all around

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
I had 255 on RACs (8x17). Rubbed in 2 places. I don't recommend 255s. It's a waste. Stick with 245 and don't f*ck up your alignment & tire wear. If you cut a notch into the frame then you could fit 255s, but like I said. It's a waste.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts