The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Great polish job on that car.

I am sure Sanj will have an answer for you on the largest wheels.

·
Wingless Wonder
5,396 Posts
What is the widest wheel you have installed on Stevens Esprit without rubbing/interferrence, front, rear?
The answer will vary because the factory changed the body a little in the later years in order to fit wider front tires and not have them rub at full lock.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Depends on how much "poke" is acceptable. I have 11s now, but the offset is too low (0mm) and I think it needs to be lowered to at least 25mm.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
This = too wide ;)

This = as wide as anybody should want to go...

My 235/40-17 fronts rub a little, and if I lower the car any, then they rub a metric crapload...

My 285/35-18's in the rear are fine, but I definitely feel the extra weight slowing me down in acceleration. These wheels with tire weigh 63lbs!
but they fit well

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
I'm taking delivery of Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
front: 235/40ZR17
rear: 295/35ZR18

Hope the rears fit OK on a stock set of AWI rims and stock ride height.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
I'm taking delivery of Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
front: 235/40ZR17
rear: 295/35ZR18

Hope the rears fit OK on a stock set of AWI rims and stock ride height.
Yep, that's a standard size on the Sport 350.

·
Registered
383 Posts

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
This is a great site. I've spent hours on here recently looking at the widest wheels and associated offset for the rear of my other car. I'm trying to get 275's on there where it was originally 205's, I think I can do it with slight suspension work. I wish there were as many wheel size options for the Esprits.
Don't forget the option of using an adapter to change the bolt pattern so you can make your wheel choices wide open.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Arent the sport 350 wheels wider that the AWIs?

Ill tell you this... I have 295s on my AWIs and it looks horrible.... too wide of a tire for that wheel, it bulges out from the wheel rather than tapering in line it should.
I think I recall reading that the Sport 350 wheels are 10" wide, like all the other V8 wheels.

Only the Sport 300 had wider wheels. Those were 17X10.5" and wore 315/35s on them.

·
Integrator
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
WTB 0.5" Spacer

Got set of Etoile 3 pc wheels and tyres.
235/40/ZR17 w/Dunlop 9000 front
315/35/ZR17 rear, eed a 1/2" spacer for these.

Looking for 0.5" thick, 6.25" OD, 115x5, 70.6mm bore and 70.6mm step.
Paying cold cash.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Hard to appreciate just how hog-wild this guy went with his Esprit. If you stare at it, it's almost an art car since he's done some mod to just about every part of the car.

Impressive, but not my style. I wonder where is this car now.

This = too wide ;)

1 - 20 of 98 Posts