The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
our 2014 Evora S needs a bumper repair or replacement and a new rear diffuser sport pack style. I cannot find one anywhere. I have contacted the elise shop,gregs racing,hethel sport and HK Fever. no go for the sport pack S version. Any ideas from anyone? right now I can get a new bumper and diffuser that is either the 400 version or the GTE. I like both but my insurance may balk as the bumper only has a 6 inch crack near the tail light. i fear they will push for a repair and not a new bumper. I am curious as to their response if I can't find a rear diffuser. Thoughts please

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Difflow to the rescue! I run Difflow diffusers on my Elise and Evora. For the Evora, I have the 7 element. It's a more aggressive look than stock so not sure if it is for you or not but take a look.

https://difflow.com/product-category/lotus-evora/

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
from their website it looks as though these do not fit the Evora S. N/A only. am I missing something from the fit choices??

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
592 Posts
Don't order from lotus been waiting 2 months for parts already...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
according to Lotus in Tn i can't get these parts from lotus anyway. no bumpers and no diffuser packs. I hope this is a compelling reason for insurance to let me just get an updated bumper with the diffuser. The cost is not that different anyway.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
met with ins adjustor. looks like they are OK with me ordering a new bumper and diffuser from hethelsport or Elise shop. it will be the 400 version but that's fine with me. I will pony up the rest for a 400 wing as I don't think the S wing will look right. lucky for me I have a $500 deductible so this will not be as bad as I first thought.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
met with ins adjustor. looks like they are OK with me ordering a new bumper and diffuser from hethelsport or Elise shop. it will be the 400 version but that's fine with me. I will pony up the rest for a 400 wing as I don't think the S wing will look right. lucky for me I have a $500 deductible so this will not be as bad as I first thought.
Nice glad you are getting it sorted. I have Hethel Sports 400 wing on my S1 now for a couple years. I like its styling over the S1's original. The quality and fit was spot on. Good luck and can't wait to see the final finish.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Not sure why you are even going through insurance? For what the increased premiums you will get for the next few years might have been better to just pay out of pocket. Also wouldn't end up with a dirty carfax

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
went with Elise shop due to long wait time with Hethelsport sport. good experience overall but once the bumper arrived at UPS it has been a nightmare. I did not realize there would be so many issues with POA's and trying to get the bumper cleared at customs. 5 different people have been in on this process from customs to ups and no one seems to know what the other has asked for or what has actually been sent by me. long story short is I am heading to nashville Monday in my 3500 Dodge to pick it up myself after paying who knows what for duties and storage fees. I am new to this but this will be my last purchase of this size from an overseas vendor. Too much hassle and way too expensive. Live and learn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts