The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been snooping around here for a little over a year and took the dive. I was looking for a toy, hotrod, project, etc for the last 3 years. Looked at everything, vettes, the 04 to 06 GTOs, Vipers, pretty much all the hipo toys. Then a couple years ago Larry H Miller built a new track here in Utah, THREE MILES FROM MY HOUSE! Schweet........ ok so the toy now has to be a road racer. Spotted the Elise back in 2005 when they first got here and decided after the track went in it was THE car. So low and behold, out comes the Exige to the US, guess what it's the new THE car. A few little things I didn't care for on the Elise were all taken care of on the Exige, wow couldn't ask for better.
Colin would be proud of me, not only did I change the rules but broke the hell out of them. I bought a car off the internet sight unseen. Of course I did a lot of homework and had a couple spys check the car out for me, but still a daring move. So I picked up the 2006 AW Exige from HRM. It was painless, they are really great to deal with.
Two weeks ago Friday it arrived on the truck. (I should have popped for covered shipping, Paul Dumont at HRM warned me). The car was filthy, covered in salt after being drug from NY to UT through who knows how many snow storms, etc. Oh well, it washed up rather nice.
Driver backs it off the truck, I jump in and take it across the street to a gas station and fill it up and then rinse all the salt off it at the carwash behind the station, how convenient. Wow, why is everyone slowing down on the street? Little did I know what a show the little car is. Ok driving it back to work, car in front of me and light turns red. He almost ran the light, was so busy looking in the rear view mirror at the Lotus. Same as the light turns green, he just sits there looking in the mirror, I'm looking for the horn button and a horn goes off behind me, THANK YOU. Got to work, everyone had to come out and see it, a million questions later I'm safe in my cubicle.
So the ride home, 24 miles, I can hardly wait. Pull out from work an a service drive to the main street. A little truck goes by, slows down and just stares at the car. A car coming with a woman in it, same thing, almost comes to a stop checking out the car. The way was clear after she went by, I make a left turn onto the street and pull in behind her. We're doing about 35 MPH and there she is gawking in all three of her mirrors. The light at the intersection turns red and the little truck stops, poor guy didn't have a chance, the lady didn't even put on the brakes, just slammed right into the back of him. Oh great, I've only had the car 4 hours and it has already caused a wreck. It finally got home with no other incidents. End of part 1.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
TADTS

I seem to have the same things happen here...

Nice car!! great color too...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts