The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
The 2008 key fob is so much nicer than the 2007 fob, any chance a dealer can program the chip with a 2007 VIN?
I have no experience with the new fobs, but take a look at the 2008 fob to see if it has any numbering on it like the older Cobra fob. The older Cobra fob is identified with the number 7777 on the back so if the new one has this number it can most likely be syncronized to your alarm. Also, if you can, check in the 2008 owners manual to see if the alarm instructions are the same as in your 2007 manual. If they are, there is a good chance it will work.

·
Registered
773 Posts
The 2008 fob is integrated into the head of the key itself. There is absolutely no etching or writing on the back of it at all I'm afraid. I just pulled mine out of my pocket to look at it, to see if this actually helped with the OP or not. Unfortunately, it does not look like it will be of much help.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
The 2008 fob is integrated into the head of the key itself. There is absolutely no etching or writing on the back of it at all I'm afraid. I just pulled mine out of my pocket to look at it, to see if this actually helped with the OP or not. Unfortunately, it does not look like it will be of much help.
Do the alarm instructions from your owner's manual for syncronization of the 2008 fobs resemble these: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/276453-post1.html ?

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
My understanding from 2 separate Lotus parts managers is that you can not use the 2008 fob with an earlier car.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The 2008 key fob is so much nicer than the 2007 fob, any chance a dealer can program the chip with a 2007 VIN?
The short anwser is no :(

Here is another option, just in case you didn't already know about it:
Lotus Elise Modification, Installing the Blackwatch Key Fob

If you do a search you can see some other ways people have integrated the key with the fob, and also some ways to dress up/decorate their key fobs.

hth,
Larez2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts