The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
I too, had this happen.

I pondered a lip spoiler to cover it, but decided that would just make my car even lower in the front.

Those aren't bad scrapes and don't seem to be visible from the front of the car.

I would get some touch up paint right away and paint those.

(Or go to a paint shop and let them paint it.)

Then, get some Griot's Headlight Protector film. Sticky on one side.

Car Care, Detail Supplies, Garage Organization, Car Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789

Cut it into small 6" or so strips, whatever shape or size you want, and layer them on that area of the Lotus under the front of the car. About 3-4 layers.

It will keep that from happening again.

And...

SLOWLY in and out of driveways, and take it at an ANGLE.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the idea, Larry. It's actually not my car (yet). I just had the seller email these pics before I travel to look at it. I want to put the FF lip spoiler on if I buy it.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Cool.

If the spoiler fits and looks good, great idea.

Still, painting small areas on a Lotus is something you get used to.

Careful in and out of driveways!

Good luck...

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
The ForcedFed spoiler is $425.00 not installed.

Might be alot cheaper to paint the car, unless you like the look of the spoiler...

Elise Wings Spoilers

Also, make sure your warranty is not affected by the installation of this spoiler.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
I had the FF spoiler....I do think it is worth putting some sort of spoiler to take the brunt of scrapes. I now have the Gut splitter, and with street driving, it scrapes often (my car is lowered).
But again, I'd rather have a spoiler get scraped than my front clam.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Should cover it, mine was\is scraped worse and it covered just fine. Had the FF lip on for a total of 12 hrs. when my service rep drove it to an alignment shop and tore the FF lip to crap and damaged the clam as well. Good idea while it lasted, it looked killer but keep in mind what ever forces are placed on the lip are transfered to the clam. I think you have to drive even more carefully with the lip installed it decreases ground clearance about one inch.
Anyway.... I abandoned the idea that the lip would protect the clam and removed what was left. BTW the shop did pay for the Lip but has ignored the damage to the clam.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Should cover most of it. You may still see a small bit of the scrape in the first photo, though only if looking dead on at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts