The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if a front lip/splitter from an 08 Exige will fit on a 05 Elise. My Elise clam does not have the flat area for a front tag. Don't know what that's about either.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Does anybody know if a front lip/splitter from an 08 Exige will fit on a 05 Elise. My Elise clam does not have the flat area for a front tag. Don't know what that's about either.

Thanks,
Brian
Not without extensive modification of the splitter or the car. For starters you've got those 'winglets' on the Elise that are not on the Exige. Also, the front facia of the Exige fares out a bit to put more tire in out of the wind than on the Elise, meaning the shape at the end of the splitters would have to be different.

Just buy a splitter made for the Elise.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I forgot about the winglets.

There is a pic of my car on my profile, and on the posts.
Can you see the front where the nose is normally flat for a tag? Mine does not have that.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did I manage what and no I don't want to install a plate. I carry it around behind the seat.
I was just stating that I was not sure how the regular lip would fit over this clam. Some of the lip/splitters I have seen are molded for the flat plate area.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
How did I manage what. Some of the lip/splitters I have seen are molded for the flat plate area.
As you've notably not figured out yet. This is not typical of the Elise front clam, someone modified it. thus you may not be able to use any of the splitters that are shaped to conform to this area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts