The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Now that they don't make it anymore, can I daily-drive it & not worry about it breaking down? :huh:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Did the price of an Esprit go up when they stopped making them?? Or the Pontiac Aztec for that matter.....? :D

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
The Chevette did - just try and buy one of those now. Can't touch one for under $150.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I think the Elise/Exige will find a happy spot of little to no depreciation, similar to the NSX which has stabilized well.

I bought my 07Exige S for high 30s in 2010. I could probably sell it in the mid 30s today.

Elises will stabilize in the mid 20s, Exiges in the mid 30s.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The Elise will get cross shopped against other vehicles that will continue to decline in price like Caymans/S2000s or even new cars like the BRZ. I think depreciation will continue. At most, I would expect it to be decreased depreciation but I doubt it will hold or increase in value. Not when there are other new Lotus models. The NSX isn't a great example since that was a one-off for that manufacturer.

·
give me my second cam!
438 Posts
I think the Elise/Exige will find a happy spot of little to no depreciation, similar to the NSX which has stabilized well.

I bought my 07Exige S for high 30s in 2010. I could probably sell it in the mid 30s today.

Elises will stabilize in the mid 20s, Exiges in the mid 30s.
+1

·
Registered
389 Posts
Based on some discussions with Kai from Weissach here in Vancouver the feeling around here is that well maintained Elises and Exiges will be in demand and depreciation will be lower compared to many other cars.

Now if you are buying a Elise or Exige as an investment and cars are going to be your investment vehicle (no pun intended) there are many other cars that will be a better choice from an investment point of view. I expect that down the road (a long ways down the road) you will see the Elise / Exige rise in value as have many older sports cars . Go try to buy a TR 250 now for what it sold for new in 1968. But then again if you had invested the cost of a new TR 250 back in 1968 in other investment it probaly would be worth considerably more than what you would pay for a TR 250 today.

My view was to get the car I wanted, enjoy and drive it, maintain it well and as for investments I go elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
The NSX isn't a great example since that was a one-off for that manufacturer.
I'd consider the Federal Elige to be a one off for their manufacturer. I know the Evora is architecturally the same but it has headlight washers and a rear seat for god's sake. :confused:

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
The Elise will get cross shopped against other vehicles that will continue to decline in price like Caymans/S2000s or even new cars like the BRZ. I think depreciation will continue. At most, I would expect it to be decreased depreciation but I doubt it will hold or increase in value. Not when there are other new Lotus models. The NSX isn't a great example since that was a one-off for that manufacturer.
apples and oranges - there are well less than 6000 Eliges left, more are being totalled every day. Sad but true, there is a Caymen parked at every 7-11 across the country. Supply and demand. I, alone, am looking for another 800 of these cars. (really low mileage) So I can open my League of Lovely Lotus Used Car Emporium & Tire Center.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
Deja Vu. This question has never been asked before.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,155 Posts
apples and oranges - there are well less than 6000 Eliges left, more are being totalled every day. Sad but true, there is a Caymen parked at every 7-11 across the country. Supply and demand. I, alone, am looking for another 800 of these cars. (really low mileage) So I can open my League of Lovely Lotus Used Car Emporium & Tire Center.
Buy mine and you will only have 799 to go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts