The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about picking up the Larini SC Sport exhaust for my '05 Elise and was wondering if this exhaust shoots flames? I am also considering slapping on the de-cat pipe which should help with popping flames.

Watched a video of the Arqray exhaust with a custom de-cat pipe and that setup was shooting giant fire balls. Too bad the Arqray exhaust is near impossible to get in the states now :(

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
This should be fun.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Sha Boom !

Attachments

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
What you need to do is sell the Lotus and buy something with a Honda motor. Then, you can easily get a tuner to map the ECU to dump fuel into the exhaust on overrun so you can get really impressive flames.

Trust me, it's what you really want.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Am I in for being flamed?

Don't see anything wrong with my thread, but please correct me if I am mistaken. :shrug:

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
1/2 the people on this thread know exactly where this will get linked! lol

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
This is what you want.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I am thinking about picking up the Larini SC Sport exhaust for my '05 Elise and was wondering if this exhaust shoots flames? I am also considering slapping on the de-cat pipe which should help with popping flames.

Watched a video of the Arqray exhaust with a custom de-cat pipe and that setup was shooting giant fire balls. Too bad the Arqray exhaust is near impossible to get in the states now :(

Thanks for any input!
the brand of exhaust has nothing to do with shooting flames (that also shouldn't be your main goal when looking for exhaust setups)... unfortunatly it seem its already too late

there are also many factors that play into popping off fire from your exhaust tip on a 2zz (specifically one in a lotus)... exhuast temps/ambient temp/tune/decat/resonator/piping diameter/RPM's/ect...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. Looking for something that doesn't necessarily sound "ricey"

Have heard a few setups that have a lot of "pops" / backfire and would ideally want that. Flames would be cool too :)

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Doesn't a decat add a lot to the capacity for flames?

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
If you knew why you have flames out of your exhaust and what a catalytic converter does, you would not need to ask that silly question.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes it can. Will your car do it... Probably not. Most cars that shoot flames are heavily modded, have more fuel added and are running rich so they don't blow up. My car shoots flames on decel when im driving it hard and the turbo is 1500 degrees because of the unburnt fuel passing. I have the Larini sport with no cat.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts