The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
lotusetude said:
Lotus Sport and Performance i.e. formerly known as Lotus Motorsports
So, if I understand this correctly, Lotus Sport and Performance would be like an in-house or closely related tunner company for Lotus. Sort of like how Toyota has TRO, Ford has SVT, and BMW has Dinan?

That would be great to have here in the states as well. However, I think we're probably looking at a few year, until Lotus can further develop its U.S. network.

Another option Lotus could do is develop a "power kit" or "performance kit", which would include engine and suspension upgrade, as well as deletion of "standard" options (a/c, radio, carpets). This would just come directly from the factory, when a customer choose this option.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
IF the U.S. Elise using the Toyota Celica's engine, it would be too hard to get aftermarket engine parts, right?

I imagine all a tuner would have to do is to take an existing Celica part and modify it so it fits in the Elise. Maybe we could get one of the Euro companies to open or contract a U.S. distributor.

EliseS2.com has a tuner section:
http://www.s2elise.co.uk/home.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.