The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my elise for a week now and am really enyoying it. I have a big butt an the seats dig in a bit which is really painfull after about an hour of driving. I just took a coworkers brand new exige-s for a spin. Believe it or not the thing I was most jealous of was the seats, they fit me like a glove. Oh I guess the extra power was OK as well :) . I did a bit of research and am still confused. do all 07 models have the same seats? Are they the same in the 06s? Will they bolt right up in my car with minimal hassle And is there any chance of getting one or a set for a reasonable amount of money from somebody who has installed a true race seat? Anybody with a narrow behind wanna trade in the houston region :).
Thanks in advance
Aaron

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they are just the probax seats right? But sorry, no don't want to trade. :)
Yeah I think so, He has the luxury package or whatever it is called. I did see that brand on the tag, I think. A quick search of the classifed tells me others are looking as well, so they may not be easy for me to get :( . Do you know if they just bolt up and what MY cars they came on? I am sure a search will yeild the latter info for me.
Thanks
Aaron

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
My wife has an 05 Elise and she has replaced the stock seats with a set of the Lotus Probax seats. They were a direct replacement. If you go that route be forewarned, they do not fit perfectly. We have had to slightly reposition the center console and if you move the driver seat all the way to the rear position it may hit the seat belt upper mount cover.
Slight fitment issues aside, they were worth the cost from the standpoint of comfort.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My wife has an 05 Elise and she has replaced the stock seats with a set of the Lotus Probax seats. They were a direct replacement. If you go that route be forewarned, they do not fit perfectly. We have had to slightly reposition the center console and if you move the driver seat all the way to the rear position it may hit the seat belt upper mount cover.
Slight fitment issues aside, they were worth the cost from the standpoint of comfort.
Hey thanks for the info. We are all from houston! You guys should come out to the scca autocrosses. These cars are a joy to autocross (as far as I can tell from my 1 event with it).

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
The 05/06/07/08 cars all use the same mounting points. All seats fit all years.

The Lotus Sport Style or Exige Stlye (depending on how you prefer to refer to them) are slightly wider in the hips and shoulders.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Come out and meet us at Richmond Arms on the 18th (or any other 3rd wed of the month). Bring your Lotus and you can be another of us with the "cheap" cars out there. :) Good times though. I'm sure there will be a TOAD post go up in the Houston section to remind everyone.

Hey thanks for the info. We are all from houston! You guys should come out to the scca autocrosses. These cars are a joy to autocross (as far as I can tell from my 1 event with it).

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have 05 Elise that I put a pair of 06 Probax seats into. I think the size of the seats is identical, and I had no problems at all with fitting them in the car, or being able to move the driver's seat all the way forward or back.

I did run into one minor oddity however. On the driver's side only on my 05 seats, there was a washer between the seat and the seat mount, on the two bolts where the front part of the seat connects to the mount. Initially I put these in with the 06 seats, and it was tough to get all of the bolts between the seat and mount properly aligned and installed. Then I noticed on longer drives, more than an hour, that the front of the seat was too high; it was actually making my legs numb. So I pulled the washers out, everything lined up much easier, and the seat is great now.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
I did run into one minor oddity however. On the driver's side only on my 05 seats, there was a washer between the seat and the seat mount, on the two bolts where the front part of the seat connects to the mount. Initially I put these in with the 06 seats, and it was tough to get all of the bolts between the seat and mount properly aligned and installed. Then I noticed on longer drives, more than an hour, that the front of the seat was too high; it was actually making my legs numb. So I pulled the washers out, everything lined up much easier, and the seat is great now.
Bespoke fitment. :tadts: :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts