The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
maybe if we can get 5 buyers here at Elisetalk, we can get him to custom design a system for our cars.

500hp @15psi.

Sounds quite tasty.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Only if it was that easy. Adding this much power causes a serious money pit chain reaction. You can't just buy an engine. Now you have to upgrade the tranny, the rear, the clutch and various other items. +50hp is plug and play, but +300hp is major modifications and $$ to support this level of power.

·
Registered
637 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
Only if it was that easy. Adding this much power causes a serious money pit chain reaction. You can't just buy an engine. Now you have to upgrade the tranny, the rear, the clutch and various other items. +50hp is plug and play, but +300hp is major modifications and $$ to support this level of power.
Not to mention weight going up making the car harder to drive.

120bhp is enough. so is 190bhp.

Why do we need 500bhp?

Craigy

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that the car is perfect and balanced the way it is.

I just posted this cuz I think its insane to get this much power from an 4 banger.

Im from a time of big blocks in high school, my friend has an old mustang with a measly 400hp, he cant use the power properly.

I think getting the liz to 250 hp with a good driver is all that is needed, well maybe 300 hp :)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Yawn..... As allways, HP is not the question, money and reliability are. 1.8 liters is good for 1,000hp, if you got the money and are willing to accept only a few hours of run time.

i'll be plenty pleased with the way the 190hp engine performs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts