The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Wasn't it the Saffron Yellow Elise (that was formerly black) that was being shipped around the US as a demo that got wrecked? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly?

I don't know the circumstances behind the R32 accident, but I just don't understand how people could be so wreckless with a car that isn't theirs?

Bob

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
It was the laser blue test car. It's just about repaired now, after a few months at the shop.

The front clam was destroyed, and the car that the elise hit wasnt even scratched :eek:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
rtking said:

I don't know the circumstances behind the R32 accident, but I just don't understand how people could be so wreckless with a car that isn't theirs?

Bob
actually, the problem was that they weren't wreckless.

;)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
The front clam was destroyed, and the car that the elise hit wasnt even scratched :eek: [/B]
Maybe Elisetalk needs a tracker for all the US Elise and if an unfortunate event strikes and the little Elise has to pass onto a better place, we can give it a place where her remaining friends and family can remember her contribution and achievements.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Originally posted by atyclb:
actually, the problem was that they weren't wreckless.
LOL! :p Actually your reply reminds me of a quote I read in Car and Driver once:

"Speed doesn't kill. It's the near instantaneous deceleration that does..." -Csaba Csere

Maybe we should start banning immovable objects! :D ;)

Bob

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Notice the VW was silver - if it had been yellow, the other car would have seen it coming:)

·
Registered
587 Posts
huh. $18.4k bid on a car with $11k in *ostensible* damage, and the reserve still isn't met??

Isn't the car only ~$30k to begin with? And it's a demo car, to boot, and one that obviously hasn't been driven conservatively at all.

I can't believe anyone has bid it up that high.... actually nevermind, yes I can.

What a bad idea...

- John

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
agent.5 said:
Maybe Elisetalk needs a tracker for all the US Elise and if an unfortunate event strikes and the little Elise has to pass onto a better place, we can give it a place where her remaining friends and family can remember her contribution and achievements.
Sounds like cool functionality.... maybe homepages? I could add homepage functionality to uselise.com, where everyone gets a subdomain like http://agent5.uselise.com/ or http://transio.uselise.com/ and can create their homepage (or memorial LOL) there- what do you guys think of that?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Thanks for supporting my little idea. I have that eerie feeling that any accident with a SUV at over 20 mile per hour will totalled the Elise. I sincerely hope all Elise's drivers and their passengers will escape injury.

Even the body of an Elise will be towed away and most likely will be destroyed, her soul will live on, and she will be remembered deep inside our hearts.

The memorial will be a monument to the spirit, sacrifice, and commitment of the Elise to the safety of her passengers and to the broader causes of peace and freedom from tyranny throughout the world.

transio said:
Sounds like cool functionality.... maybe homepages? I could add homepage functionality to uselise.com, where everyone gets a subdomain like http://agent5.uselise.com/ or http://transio.uselise.com/ and can create their homepage (or memorial LOL) there- what do you guys think of that?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
agent.5 said:
Thanks for supporting my little idea. I have that eerie feeling that any accident with a SUV at over 20 mile per hour will totalled the Elise. I sincerely hope all Elise's drivers and their passengers will escape injury.

Even the body of an Elise will be towed away and most likely will be destroyed, her soul will live on, and she will be remembered deep inside our hearts.

The memorial will be a monument to the spirit, sacrifice, and commitment of the Elise to the safety of her passengers and to the broader causes of peace and freedom from tyranny throughout the world.
All made complete by a shot of little Elises running from the tyranny of the SUV's piloted by Cylons.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts