The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I really don't think that's much of an upgrade to what you have as the stock unit. That looks like your average Chinese part that will break once you press the first button.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
when you have a car that runs from $65K to $95K I would never consider a $150 stereo(although Lotus does it)Go with some thing name brand for a little more. Im sure it will pay you back in sound quality and reliablity.
My car came with the base stereo. I went pretty high end and was well under $5k, but my stereo sounds as good as my car and better than anything you will get stock from any car manufacturer.
Even a good quality Pioneer or kenwood unit will only set you back $500 or so. If you have the stock 7inch AlpineUnit the speaker and subwoofer are pretty good, just repalce the headunit with a quality component and you will be happier in the long run

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Awesome, it's got 4800x480 resolution AND an built-in NTSC tuner!!! There's also a secret menu that will enable a special William Hung screensaver.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
when you have a car that runs from $65K to $95K I would never consider a $150 stereo(although Lotus does it)Go with some thing name brand for a little more. Im sure it will pay you back in sound quality and reliablity.
My car came with the base stereo. I went pretty high end and was well under $5k, but my stereo sounds as good as my car and better than anything you will get stock from any car manufacturer.
Even a good quality Pioneer or kenwood unit will only set you back $500 or so. If you have the stock 7inch AlpineUnit the speaker and subwoofer are pretty good, just repalce the headunit with a quality component and you will be happier in the long run
+1000000 - you're really considering a $139 unit for an $70k+ car? Seriously?

The $350 you save will cut $2k in resale value when someone realizes if you were this cheap with the stereo what else did you cheap out on.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I looked at the pioneer appradio 2 headunit.. capacitive touch with iphone app integration.. pretty awesome. check it out.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
And the Appradio saves $ (and weight!) by avoiding the outdated CD/DVD. The way of the future.

·
Registered
127 Posts
the only thing about the app radio and the Pioneer Avh8400, Wich I just bought..
They are not compatable with the new Iphone 5 yet.. The Iphone 5 has that new connector. I hope pioneer puts out a new cable for these units. I really like my new Avh8400.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Mister2, can you use the existing wiring harness or did you need adapters or modifications?

I'm really interested in getting that Pioneer appradio unit. iPhone 4 will be my last i-product so I don't mind the new connector issue.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I'm putting in an Alpine INE-S920HD later this week.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mister2, can you use the existing wiring harness or did you need adapters or modifications?

I'm really interested in getting that Pioneer appradio unit. iPhone 4 will be my last i-product so I don't mind the new connector issue.
well when I installed mine(myself) I found out that metra makes a adapter that fits the custom made alpine to lotus harness. bought the adapter Metra said try the harness adapter for the (Daewoo)P/n 70-8405
so I bought it and sure enough it fits, but all of the pinouts are wrong! So I didnt use it and just tapped in to the alpine harness. the pioneer only needs 7 or 8 wires, it didnt take very long once I identified the wires.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts