The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was over reading the Lotus Cars forum (I only read, never registered). Anyway, there were a few over there who were going to set up a web site for the Elise, a few were from Florida (where I live).

Anyway, I also plan on setting up a web page, similar to the one I have now, www.tbas2k.com for my S2K and our car group. I even plan to start it this week and make it a feature of my S2K site.

Two questions, how many others are going to set up a site? I know a few of you already have one, but who's going to do an Elise Club type site, not really an info site? Also, due to this being the first year, how many cars will there even be in an area to even have a car club/meets?

It may just be like two guys getting together for an Elise meet. :p

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a site devoted to all of my cars. The Elise section will be similar with some sort of diary, a resource listing and some pictures.

I started the UniBrain Motorsports site when I was looking for my Caterham. At the time, information on the Net was limited so I thought I would consolidate it a bit. With the Elise there is plenty of information so I'm not sure what character the site will have, maybe just a blog.

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
already started

http://www.lotuselise.us (nothing much there right now)

i plan on simply having an online database of all the USDM Elise owners. Let them upload pics, give stats, etc. That way, people can find others in their area, maybe setup some meets, etc...

I have no desire to already do what other people have successfully done, such as start up a forum. This is a great one, IMO, and it would be pointless to startup another.

Does anyone else have any ideas for my site? I'm definitely open to suggestions.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
ace3 said:

... such as start up a forum. This is a great one, IMO, and it would be pointless to startup another.
Yay! It's tiring how many Elise forums have been started up in the last 6 months. edited to add: deleted comment. Other forum owner contacted me and rectified the sitiuation. This space left intentionally blank.

If you want to add more things to this site, please let me know. It would be simple to add a gallery for example that allowed user uploads.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I cant keep up with all the new forums. It's hard enough dedicating a few hours of my day at work to this and seloc. Besides, I like Randy's site the best. Lots of great people and great info on here! Dont bother with the others...too much hassle weeding through posts that were posted here months ago.

:D

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Yay! It's tiring how many Elise forums have been started up in the last 6 months. One in particular has banned my IP from their server. :)

If you want to add more things to this site, please let me know. It would be simple to add a gallery for example that allowed user uploads.
no kidding? They couldn't handle people leaving there & coming here, or what? Jeez.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not talking about setting up another forum. This one is adequate. :p

I'm talking about a fan/club/photo, etc. type site.

I agree that no other forums are needed. There are already enough. I only go here and Lotuscars for my Elise Forum Fix. Again, I only read Lotuscars forums, I didn't register. :D

Hey, I have to add my disclaimer in. That site turned me off from day one with all the closing of threads and other picky things.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I'll definitely be creating a fan site...gotta have somewhere to put pictures of my car! :)

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I don't think so, there are already so many out there !

I like the idea of a "registry" type site (as suggested by Ace3), which could be standalone or could be part of a larger website.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
mapes said:
That would be great!
Yep, I like that idea too.
When we actually have some cars and when people start doing mods it would be nice for them to be able to upload pictures. I don't visit any sites that make it that easy. We would then have an Elise "hacks" page for people that are considering doing similar changes.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Cool. Consider it soon to be done. It's your people's site really, let me know what you want, or don't want.

P.S. If I did not have a forum here, I would have created a FAQ/BLOG type page.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
The GGLC would be please to do any hosting. The GGLC contains over 100 technical articles and even more links. It also features a parts interchange section which is already for the Elise.

All that is needed is input from concerned owners.

While it's cool and fun to visit a number of various sites that individuals create to feature their car, I think it's more efficient to have only a few sites with the hard info - parts, tech articles, FAQs, etc. I think those sites already exist.
Sandsmuseum.com
This Forum
Potentially the GGLC since it has the resources already set-up.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I have my own site & to be honest I like seeing other sites out there. I know that I want to push mine more towards the technical aspects. But there are others that might be geared towards the local events, maybe towards track stuff etc...

I like my thing, other people like theirs. It's good to be able to express yourself as you want. Static content websites, like mine, are great in numbers. Dynamic content sites, like Elisetalk, are better in lower numbers. You can check once or twice a months and be up on things whereas with this one you need to keep up to date by visiting every few days.

That's why I get the same number of hits a month that this website gets a day.

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
the www.lotuselise.us registry site will (when it finally gets finished this weekend or next) be able to take uploads and all that jazz.

I like the idea of having everyone help update the site (such as this forum or a registry) ... if it were a FAQ page, my lazy ass would have the most out-of-date FAQ around. :D

Is anyone else out there creating a registry site? If so, maybe we could 'combine efforts' or something? Friendly competition is fun, but not something i'm interested in, in this case. ;)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
394 Posts
I am gonig to have a web site setup at www.lotuswerks.com... I hope to offer a few small parts made by me and my machine shop buddies. However, I mostly plan on making a weekly updated tale of ownership. Including some modifications and any and all work performed on the car. The first install should be the week I get the car where I plan to install a custom roll bar. I purchased a bar for the 111s, and have made a jig and some quick release points for my harness. Ill post the info when the car gets here!!

Knowing the types of owners who crave cars like the elise, I am sure we will see a ton of these types of web sites!

Adam P

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've always had a page on my cars. I'll be modifying my site over the summer in preparation.

I do think it'd be great Randy if we had "regional" sections on the forums (like the mr2 board).

I really read those more than I read the general mr2 forum still.

Just a thought.

I also like the idea of a registry. I had a long page of mr2 owner's web pages, but it's so tiring to keep it updated. A site that will allow users to upload his/her addy would be much better IMHO.

Robert

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Biomax said:

I do think it'd be great Randy if we had "regional" sections on the forums (like the mr2 board).
We do. Check it out. ALl kinda new... but I expect they will become more used when we have cars and meets.

I would like to consider or get suggestions about how to link up here to other webpages.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts