The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
craigyirush
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that Willow Springs has an inexpensive annual membership (~$100) which allows use of the track on Fridays for test and tune sessions. Is anyone on here a member who’s run these sessions? Would be interested in hearing what they are like.

I assume it’s intended for race cars, but you can bring a road car if it has rollover protection, 5 point harness, and a fire extinguisher. Not sure if rollover = full cage or if the hoop on the chassis in the Elige would qualify.

·
craigyirush
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think that's correct. Last time I checked, annual membership was required to go to a test and tune day. After that, you still have to pay the daily car and driver fee. Also, cars need to be race prepped.

Here, just checked.....

Rental Rates | Willow Springs International Raceway | Since 1953
Check out the test and tune section

Jose
You’re right. Annual fee plus daily fee. Still, cheaper than a track day.

As for race prepared, I emailed them and they said as long as it has 5 point harness, rollover protection and a fire extinguisher it can get on track. I agreed, though, that it is probably intended just for race cars.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's been a while but when I used to race, I would usually do the test and tune day to get more track time. You'll be on track with some really fast full on race cars but if you've been on track before and have some experience you should be ok. If you are relatively new, do some time trials first. Get used to it and get some instruction. Test days are open passing and no corner workers so it can get a bit hairy if your not used to it. Usually though, you can time it so you have the track so to yourself, for a few laps at least.

Jose

Jose

1 - 5 of 5 Posts