The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a recommendation for which track to use at Willow Springs for a track day - Streets or Horse Thief Mile? I've been on the big track but I've never been on either of these other tracks.

Also, I'm guessing it will be hot at Willow in late August. Will it be unbearable?

I know there are guys on here with lots of experience at Willow so let me know what you think.

Thanks.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
It will be hot. Streets is a better track than big willow for our non high horsepower engines. Many many more turns. Never been on horse thief. There are no garages over at streets though. If you drive your car there, it's hard to bring shade. I'll be at streets friday but it'll be much much cooler than August! :D

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Horse Thief Mile does not have a lot of runoff space if you go off track. So, a lot of damage can be done to the car/driver if you go off. Streets of Willow would be a lot safer to run

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Do they even let cars run on Horse Thief anymore? If you can pick...Streets going counterclockwise has been the most fun I've had out there. Horse Thief if you are advanced driver can be a ton of fun just rotating the car everywhere.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Is it for Work?

If so, you might want to consider renting both if you have the option, Horse Thief is much more photogenic ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts