The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning to get serious about Photography, but I've never had formal training. Maybe one day I'll be as good as Visual Echos... :D

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Nice stuff. What kind of camera are you shooting? I'd like to learn more about this art myself.

(I like the stripes and wing too!)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Looks great! I am trying to become better at photography as well but I am just begining. Your pictures look much better then mine.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I feel I am strong in the visual concept of an image but lack the photographic skills to actually execute that stunning shot. I'm using a Nikon D50 (first digital camera) Planning next year to invest in a Nikon D700 and maybe take some Photography classes...

·
Registered
826 Posts
I think those pics look great man. Your composition looks good to me....i'm sensing some HDRI but I may be wrong?

I'd like to learn more as well. I'm a vfx artist so I like to do a lot of post to my images....mostly because the incoming image needs a lot of work because I suck.

I think I should start a photography thread, where we can post pics and learn how to be more bad ass!!! I've been wanting to take a class as well!!!!!!

I really enjoy this "tilt shift" look....I've been doing it in post...just because I like it...and mostly because all the pics I took were with a point and shoot so I didn't get any depth of field in the images.

Anyone think we should start a thread where we can post pics and maybe get some of the PROS to give us tips?

·
Registered
182 Posts
cool pics!!!

I like them.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I'm giving you A for composition, but then again I was a film guy not a still photog.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I think those pics look great man. Your composition looks good to me....i'm sensing some HDRI but I may be wrong?

I'd like to learn more as well. I'm a vfx artist so I like to do a lot of post to my images....mostly because the incoming image needs a lot of work because I suck.

I think I should start a photography thread, where we can post pics and learn how to be more bad ass!!! I've been wanting to take a class as well!!!!!!

I really enjoy this "tilt shift" look....I've been doing it in post...just because I like it...and mostly because all the pics I took were with a point and shoot so I didn't get any depth of field in the images.

Anyone think we should start a thread where we can post pics and maybe get some of the PROS to give us tips?

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f68/official-photography-thread-22033/

;)

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No sir that is real, not my original intent. I started to do a wide body, then in the middle of the project decided to go back but already had deleted the oil cooler vents, so i had to make the best of it, long story :D

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey man could i take some pictures of ur car? check out some of my work at Johnny23xx on deviantART
I would love to, I've never had a pro shoot my car but we're going to have to wait a while, my car is going through a transition again, I started taking it apart to redo the front clam, rear wing will be replaced by the 2010 Exige S, I'm redesigning the rear defuser etc. It's going to be something else!! BTW are you in 305?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts