The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here switched out to the Willwood CMC and had any issues?

I switched to now about a month ago and now I am having an issue with pedal travel. The clutch was not disengaging and so I was not able to shift into any gear. I took it to the dealer and the tech worked on it for hours. Finally put the rod on the very last thread and it sits flush with the clevis pin (i think that's what its called) the u bracket that connects the rod to the pedal.

I wanted to know if anyone else had the same issue and the only way to resolve it is to get a longer clevis pin (u bracket) or a longer rod but that would mean I would need to take the CMC apart.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...

turns out, I wanted to dig into what was going on and when the pedal was real mushy, i went under the steering wheel and saw the entire CMC moving back so it doesn't look like its the fault of the CMC but maybe a stripped bolt or something else.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Prior to my purchase, my 2012 S had a Wilwood master cyl put in, and now the cruise control doesn't work. It's apparently got to do with the longer cylinder and/or longer shaft fooling the electronics into thinking the clutch is still "in" which prevents the cruise control from engaging.
While I'm told adjusting this is not difficult, I am also told it's a "clam" off job, and that is its own PITA.

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
Clutch switch (circled) is inside car, as is adjustments to clutch peddle height, no need to go under clam

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Prior to my purchase, my 2012 S had a Wilwood master cyl put in, and now the cruise control doesn't work. It's apparently got to do with the longer cylinder and/or longer shaft fooling the electronics into thinking the clutch is still "in" which prevents the cruise control from engaging.
While I'm told adjusting this is not difficult, I am also told it's a "clam" off job, and that is its own PITA.
Attached is the Wilwood install instructions that Chaos had put together. On page 5, it mentions the issue you're encountering, and how to resolve it.

It basically involves rotating the master cylinder shaft so that the clutch pedal sits either closer or further away from the pedal box, which in turn changes how the clutch potentiometer senses position.

One thing I wish Wilwood would have done would be to have flats pre-machined onto the shaft near the threading. Some OEM cylinders do this for ease of adjustment.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It turns out that it wasn't any of those issues. The Kit came with a resin back plate that attached to the car. Well, that plate could not take the force and shattered. Greg overnighted me a aluminum one and so the dealer is reinstalling the CMC now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts