The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i am taking a survey here on the window stickers of the Elise and what dealers are charging around the country for things like, Starshield, MSRP, Dealer Markup's, Options, and Most of all Dealer prep fees, So if i am not being too nosy to those that have purchased your cars, give me a breakdown, it will be interesting to see who is paying for what/where and if we can use some of this information for uniformity or leverage against the dealers that increase fees simply to pad thier wallets !

ON the HRM car speciflcally, what was the cost to paint the center counsel? I am interested in having that done, is anyone else interested in having thiers done in SY, perhaps we can get a batch paint rate someplace and have them done together? If not i want to know what HRM charged if it was broken down in costs so i can use that as a guide when i speak to my dealer or a auto paint place.

I dont know how to make a survey format Randy perhaps you could do one where they just put in the numbers for the invoice breakdown, area/dealership purchased and can remain silent for owner privacy if that is a preferred method?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
my car was an old MSRP car. options were Chrome Orange, Starshield, Sport Pack, Touring Pack.

Sticker was 46,185 I believe. I paid 5 over so 51,185.

-Steve

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
This is from Scottsdale Lotus' e-mail for the BRP that I switched to last week:

Base - $40930
BRP- $590
Touring Package - $1350
Sport Pack - $2480
Hard Top - $1475
Star Shield - $995
Delivery Charge - $795.00
===================
Total - $48615.00

·
Registered
687 Posts
I paid MSRP for the base car + metallic paint + touring pack + Star Shield + destination + tax + license.

I paid $45 on top of that for a "Document Preparation Fee (not a governmental fee)" line item in my contract.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts