The Lotus Cars Community banner

Tint event planning. Select all that apply.

• Interested but neither date works

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tinting 3 windows

• Tinting just side windows

• Not tinting but will attend

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NEMOLL is considering another tint day at Rayco as a way to have an end-of-season gathering. Come get your cars tinted now and be ready for next season.

• CASH ONLY
  • A different guy, Luis, will be tinting the cars this time
  • He will still offer the $100 for all 3 windows deal for our cars.
  • He’s excellent and pretty quick, averaging 2 windows in about 20-25 minutes.
  • Tint percentages he uses are 50% light, above legal, 35% which is the legal limit in most states and he will do a 20% (dark) at your own risk.
  • He will guaranty them from fade and in normal cases pealing.
  • You don't need to get windows tinted or a stereo installed to join us.
This event is going to be held at Rayco 64 Auburn St., Auburn, MA (near Worcester) on a Saturday, probably around 10:30 am. Please let us know if your coming, the car model, and how many windows. Please select all options in the poll that apply so that we can plan accordingly.

Elise/Exige/Esprit/Europa/non-M100 Elans:
- $100.00 for 3 windows including taking out the passenger’s side seat to be able to do the rear window.
- $75.00 if you just want to do the drivers & passenger’s windows.
- You may bring other cars, just let Bruce know and he will give you a quote.

Also, if anyone is interested in Stereo upgrades, Bruce can talk to you about that as well. They carry Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC, Clarion, Kicker, JL Audio, and TMA Amps. If they don't have it, they can probably get it. Bruce has done many Elise, Esprit, and M100 sound systems and can do anything you may want or have ideas to do.

Rayco has a good size parking lot for plenty of cars.

Rayco is located at 64 Auburn Street.
Less than 1/8 of a mile off the Auburn St. Exit on Rt 290.
About 3 miles from the Mass Pike/Rt 146 Exit.
About 3 miles from Rt 395/Rt 12/Rt 290 Exit.
About 1/2 mile from the Auburn Mall.

Attending:

1) Keeper - tinting 1 to 6 windows - breakfast 1

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Date and time? I might be interested in having the driver and passenger windows done on my '87 Esprit.

Although I hate tint because it's like looking out of your window on a cloudy day I also hate gawkers looking at me driving.

If it's two windows for $75. materials and labor included it's a price that cannot be beat! I would love to do it. + my car is black... it doesn't get any hotter than that.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Think I'll pass. Inspection gives you a hard time, tint can peel, bubble, and I like to look out the window on a Sunny day. The gawkers turn to stone when they see my face.

Thanks for putting this together however I'll just leave well enough alone for now.

·
Super Moderator
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Inspection is not an issue. Like other inspection items it's measured. At the last group tint event, we measured tint on every window with a meter to ensure it was within legal limits.

I've tinted most cars I've owned and can't say that peeling or bubbling was a problem. For you, the concern may be your distance to get any (unlikely) re-work done.

Bruce is a member here and I'm sure he can speak to how much either issue has been a problem for customers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts