The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good fixit for the rear window trackrail coming loose? It has debonded from the door shell at the upper mount, near the adjustment screw.
I was thinking about drilling a small hole and using a rivet? I'd rather glue it back somehow, but suspect it won't hold in the long run. suggestions for glue or other methods?
How to get to it also?

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i was thinking JB weld for mine, pretty sure i have the same problem. Won't get to it until winter. Have you opened up your door shell yet to take a look?

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
When I bought my 2005 Elise a few years ago both of mine were broken. I drilled thought the fiberglass and then through metal bracket. I considered using a rivet but feared it would work loose over time with the repeated vibration of closing the door so I tapped threads into the metal bracket (M5x.8) and put a small low head bolt with some blue loctite. It's been almost two years now and they are still rock solid. Nice solid rattle free windows.

Dave

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would defenetly use glue, this way you'll keap the car in its original shape. try to find some glue that stays hard after curing, can fill at least 1 mm gap. You dont have to take the doore card off, just take the seal that surrounds window, when window is down, put the glue on the bonding surface and lift the window to top and close the doore, this way the bracket will find its original position. Its my experience talking ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just did mine yesterday. I used panel bond. Any body shop should have it. I just pulled the seal up and applied it to the bracket. Pushed it back in place and it aligned itself. Took two minutes.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have not taken off door card yet to look. Waiting for my new CF panels from RLS group buy (hint, hint!).

I like the panel glue method for stated reasons, just gotta find some. Any brand names you know of?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts