The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to start by saying that I am usually able to search and find what I need which is why I have not posted anything... This time I seem to have run out of luck.

I have a 2005 Elise with the touring package and I am having some trouble with my driver side window not wanting to go down. Luckily for me the window is stuck all the way up and it is getting cold so this does not bug me too much. That being said, in the other threads I have searched I have read all about windows not going up all the way or moving quite slowly. I have taken off the panel for the door and installed a new switch that I had as a spare but that did not fix the issue. Just in case it was a bad switch I tried my passenger side switch that works fine on the passenger side and still no luck on the driver side. When I hit the "up" button on the switch I can hear the motor try to push up and I can see the cable move slightly under the pressure of trying to up. When I hit the "down" button nothing happens, almost as if the motor has no signal being sent or anything.

I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation or has heard of a similar situation and may be able to point me in the direction of a remedy. I just pulled up a wiring diagram for the window assembly so hopefully tonight or tomorrow I can attempt to find a wiring issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
676 Posts
The typical problems are usually that the window doesn't go up properly so your case seems strange that it wont go down. Since you've already ruled out the switch, it sounds like the regulator needs to be replaced (motor). Did this just start happening or was it gradual? Did you try helping the window down (pushing it down while pressing the button)?

Since the motor makes a sound going up and not down, I would check to make sure there is continuity in the wire before replacing anything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have tried to help push it down while using the button but it didn't want to move. I also tried to wiggle the window while pushing the button and that didn't work either. I didn't have any problems at all before this happened. It's like my driver side door hates me, the door lock on that side doesn't work but that has been going on since I bought the car.

I didn't get a chance to check the electrical bits last light, maybe this weekend I will.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts