The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just experienced one more little irritation. On my way to catch a flight I lowered the window to get a parking pass and then the window wouldn't go back up. It would just "chatter" while I held the switch. I tried pulling up on the glass while holding the switch -- didn't work. I opened and closed the door thinking maybe jarring it would work -- didn't. With the door open I then applied a little forward pressure on the glass and that did the trick. When I fly back to town next week I will need to get this fixed. Anybody else have this kind of window problem?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I had a similar strange experience.

I started my car and got out to grab something. By habit, I went to crack my window. I slightly pressed the button and the window went all the way down (without holding it). As I am out of the car and the door is open, I tried to roll it back up. No dice....

Slightly worried, I got back into the car, closed the door normally, and the window automatically rolled up with no pressing of the button.

Thinking it was a glitch, I kept calm and carried on...

Then as I arrived at a checkpoint, I had to roll down my window to give my ID. The window did not roll back up until the third try.

Obviously I stopped using the window until I could bring it into the dealer, with one exception. This weekend, I used both windows, and all worked properly.

Still going to have it checked out. Will post an update when I have a chance to bring it in.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Wow. Is there a single component on the Evora without any reported problems?

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Probably not in this forum, but in reality, the Evora is as reliable as any of its competitors. Only the Launch Edition seems to have a higher "ripens at the customer" percentage.

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
You'll never see a positive "it worked" post online only a negative.Mechanically car is rock solid. (see a positive). Got a few early build niggles fixed and she's as reliable as any other car I've owned! Knock on wood but I've never had a lemon!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
This community isn't just a fan club but one of technical support, and like any car forum most posts will be the latter because, frankly, that's what people are interested in. It's certainly nice to read good things about this car, and yes we need more of them, although it's usually the same compliments. We all love our cars and while that's what brought us here, but what keeps us here are the technical discussions.

Personally, I encourage everyone to share all issues they have with their cars, big or small. We want to hear about it. Just things to watch out for. I've learned to baby my car more in some regards, because it frankly isn't built withstand the normal daily "abuses" of a regular commuter car (like parking it in the sun or leaving it in the rain for days, etc.). Maybe such issues are limited to earlier models? Who knows... There are so few owners on this forum and it's an important fact. I leave it to the individual to decide what is applicable to him (or her... any women here? ;)).

Personally, I'm more inclined to believe most do not report anything either because they don't drive their cars enough and/or they plan to sell them down the road. It's not an easy car to sell as it is with butt-puckering depreciation rates... No one wants to advertise problems with cars they will likely offload in a few years to upgrade to a newer, better car. But those who are willing disclose their issues, talk about their projects, and contribute to my own well-being as a Lotus car owner, are members I respect and appreciate the most on the forum.

·
Registered
240 Posts
This community isn't just a fan club but one of technical support, and like any car forum most posts will be the latter because, frankly, that's what people are interested in. It's certainly nice to read good things about this car, and yes we need more of them, although it's usually the same compliments. We all love our cars and while that's what brought us here, but what keeps us here are the technical discussions.

Personally, I encourage everyone to share all issues they have with their cars, big or small. We want to hear about it. Just things to watch out for. I've learned to baby my car more in some regards, because it frankly isn't built withstand the normal daily "abuses" of a regular commuter car (like parking it in the sun or leaving it in the rain for days, etc.). Maybe such issues are limited to earlier models? Who knows... There are so few owners on this forum and it's an important fact. I leave it to the individual to decide what is applicable to him (or her... any women here? ;)).

Personally, I'm more inclined to believe most do not report anything either because they don't drive their cars enough and/or they plan to sell them down the road. It's not an easy car to sell as it is with butt-puckering depreciation rates... No one wants to advertise problems with cars they will likely offload in a few years to upgrade to a newer, better car. But those who are willing disclose their issues, talk about their projects, and contribute to my own well-being as a Lotus car owner, are members I respect and appreciate the most on the forum.

Squidward, you make an excellent point. Most forums are made up of people like us discussing the problems and solutions of their cars. Sometimes it seems that all everyone is doing is complaining about every small and large issue they can come up with, but the truth is we are passionate about the Evora and any and all conditions are posted here so we can all understand the issues and either learn to fix them our selves, or let the dealer know what to do. .

For the most part, these cars are built reliable (with the exception of a few) but other car manufactures have similar complaints and fixes on other forums. Thanks for all who input, help, criticize, research, and post here. This is a great group!

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
There are so few owners on this forum and it's an important fact. I leave it to the individual to decide what is applicable to him (or her... any women here? ;)).
At least one, sweetie. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just experienced one more little irritation. On my way to catch a flight I lowered the window to get a parking pass and then the window wouldn't go back up. It would just "chatter" while I held the switch. I tried pulling up on the glass while holding the switch -- didn't work. I opened and closed the door thinking maybe jarring it would work -- didn't. With the door open I then applied a little forward pressure on the glass and that did the trick. When I fly back to town next week I will need to get this fixed. Anybody else have this kind of window problem?
Took my Lotus with the window issue to the Lotus dealer in Winston-Salem to show them the problem. It worked perfect. Window went up and down several times. No problem. A little embarrassing with three service techs watching to see what was wrong. The mechanic said they can't "fix" the problem if they can't replicate it, but they said they'd take a look. Two hours later when I got the car back he said they could find nothing wrong. 150 mile round trip for nothing.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sometimes it seems that all everyone is doing is complaining about every small and large issue they can come up with, but the truth is we are passionate about the Evora and any and all conditions are posted here so we can all understand the issues and either learn to fix them our selves, or let the dealer know what to do. .

For the most part, these cars are built reliable (with the exception of a few) but other car manufactures have similar complaints and fixes on other forums. Thanks for all who input, help, criticize, research, and post here. This is a great group!
Most owners are out enjoying their cars. Only a very small minority of us are participating in these online forums. It is easy to convince ourselves that we represent the "community" of Evora owners when, in fact, we do not.

Don't spend a lot of angst thinking about anything you read online. Most of this is pure trash talk that doesn't have a lot of value. There are certainly valuable nuggets, but be very selective about what you believe online.

;)

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Realize that some of us wrench our cars, own multiple Lotus vehicles, track them, service them etc. We are the sources of info you want. Anyone that has come to my house or seen me at a track day and asked for advice with a setup or service item has invariably thanked me for steering them in the right direction.
You'll see a pattern with some of us. We are very serious about REAL issues but let our sarcasm show about issues that shout "this individual didn't even read the owners manual" or "bling bling" or silly recommendations that are just plain wrong.ex. tire pressures. I back up my claims after i have tested (track if possible), pyrometered etc and have engineers agreeiing.

Back to your windows. I bet they reset because you followed the manual protocol by holding switch while up and then down for the required amount of time to reset the closure.

Compared to most forums, for example Jaguar site is clueless, BMW sites are full of punks ricing their old e36's, tyhis site is great. Thanks to everybody that contributes their experiences.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts