The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the washers emit a fine mist of cleaning fluid to the windscreen, or just an irritating stream?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
reminds me of going to the bathroom

the shower head does that

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Well I can tell you this, if it's not a fine mist I want my deposit back! Well I guess a medium mist would be OK, but not a stream. I'll put up with a lot but not the stream.
Oh wait, I never installed the window washers on my Seven, too much weight,,,,, never mind.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
2 simple water jets. Nothing fancy.

Doesn't work too well either because the windscreen is angled so much that 'aiming' them is really tricky and at speed the water is sometimes carried over the window without hitting it :)

Also, the windscreen washer bottle is small, so it's empty quickly.

Some people in europe fitted the washers from a Peugeot, which uses a pipe with small holes that's fitted to the wiper arm itself and sprays directly on the window.

Seems to work fine, but uses a lot of water so the water bottle is empty even sooner..

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I had a 67 Firebird that had the passenger sprayer shoot a stream straight out to the right of the car. That was fun for smart azzes in Camaros and Mustangs (hey, I was 16).

For the Elise, who cares? If I know it's going to rain I'll take my Spyder, if it rains on me in the Elise, I'll muddle through.

Man, those cars better come soon because these topic are getting more and more stupid.

:huh:

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
And can you put those cool blue lights in them?

Anyone else use Rain-X?

·
Registered
21 Posts
LotusLust said:
reminds me of going to the bathroom
You should have a prostate exam. Just be sure to take some flowers to the doc, since, just like Star Trek, he'll be "going where no man has gone before" (hopefully). :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
23 Posts
There's probably one in the windshield wiper arm. I've seen several cars, especially single arm wiper ones with it there.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
brentil said:
There's probably one in the windshield wiper arm. I've seen several cars, especially single arm wiper ones with it there.
There's no hose going to the blade area via the arm so it must come from beneath the bodywork.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
adamant said:
LOL While this thread is going absolutley nowhere fast He's my stupid thought "How much does it weigh?" Sounds like some parts I can live without :D
That was why I used Rain-X on my MR2. I drained the washer fluid out to save weight. :)

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Does the wiper arm go from left to right or from right to left. Is the federalized version wired to run in the opposite direction since the driver is on the other side.?

We are so bored that I am surprised no one has mentioned what the capacity of the window waher bottle is.

If you use rain-x on the windows, then why do the make orange colored rain-x in half gallon jugs for use instead of window washer fluid.:confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts