The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang,

I've been having the 'horns' pop up on each side of my weather stripping after a longer highway drive; I've seen this on other Evora's too.

Does anyone have a good fix? I've thought of a little dab of RTV or black silicon to keep them in place; is there any drainage to such in there I should worry about plugging?

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
No drainage to worry about, in fact a seal will help stop potential leakage. Just replaced my A pillars with carbon fiber pillars and used some silicone on mine while the A pillar was off

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I know the problem well! :tadts:
When the glue losens they can suddenly pop out. You can't imagine the noise those "horns" (love the naming) make at high speeds. First time it happened I thought I had blown a tire (@ 250 Kph).-eek-

You can easily seal them in place with either contact glue or RTV. They should have been glued properly in the first place.

Another caveat: I hade the A-pilllars below also come loose at the front end. They then start to vibrate just like the "horns". These are also only fixed to the windscreen with double-sided tape, which doesn't last forever.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Mine too. Black silicone glue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts