The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vantage? Anyone else,
Can you suggest effective cleaners for windshields, etc. I can't seem to get the glass really clean, it ends up streaking.
Chris

·
Registered
228 Posts
Windex or vinegar and water. Trick is to use 2 paper towels per window, one for washing and a second dry towel to wipe off any remaining cleaner.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I like "Stoner's" Invisible window cleaner. It's an aerosol can, so you can spray it on nice and even instead of spurts from a bottle.

It dries fast, and it's very mild, so for a dirty/smeary window, I usually have to do it twice. Doesn't streak, not expensive, available at WalMart and some of the on-line botique places.

Yeah, Stoner's. :p

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Stoner's works for me, too. The other important thing is that what you wipe it off with not leave any residue. Unbleached paper towels, newspaper, and lint free cloths do well. Bleached paper towels and shop towels can leave behind a haze.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Chris, don't use paper towels, the binder in the paper comes out and streaks. Use Griots class cleaning towels, micros fiber cloth or newspaper. Yep, believe it or not newspaper is terrific. Most paper towels will leave a film or streaks on the windows. Stoners is very good, as are most automotive glass claeners.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
The best thing I've ever found is a product called "Glass Wax". It's an old product that disappeared for many years, but made a minor come back about 5-10 years ago. You can sometimes find it in hardware stores. The stuff comes in a mostly pink can. It is a wax. You rub it onto the glass, let it dry and haze over, just like wax. Then you wipe/buff it off (again just like regular wax). The dirt and crud come off with the wax powder, and it leaves a very clean and slippery glass. The only downside is that you get a pink powder all over the dash, but it vacuums up just nicely when you are vacuuming the interior.

I highly recommend it.

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
If you need something you can find fairly quickly in a local auto store, try Eagle One 20/20 or Stoners Invisible Glass. Try to follow James' advice concerning the towel to use. Hope this helps.

Are the dash plastics venting gas quite a bit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts