The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm going to be attending the Autocross event this weekend at the Schaumburg Boomers stadium parking lot. Anybody else interested in going? I would love to see some more Lotus' come out and have some fun! :shift:

They have one on Saturday the 14th and another on Sunday the 15th for anybody who is interested. (I'm only going Sunday)
It's a pretty good price - $35 for non members. Usually get 12 runs in.

·
He's on fire!
3,411 Posts
i've got to be out, going to be visiting my parents this weekend otherwise i might be up for it. Does WCMC even have room for walk ons anymore? Seems like their events get full pretty quick.

Shameless plug for ACCCC Blackhawk event on 21-22. If you like autocross you'll also probably enjoy track days. Its not timed, but it is fun.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do allow a pretty good amount of walk-ons now. I think they might have lowered the pre-register amount to allow for more walk-ons.
I've walked on 3 other WCMC Autocross events this year with no problem.

I really do want to do a track day in my car, but they are usually on weekdays :( I'm usually only free on the weekends.

·
He's on fire!
3,411 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol awesome! I gotta look into those! I looked at the wrong month on my calendar. . Oops :thwack:

·
He's on fire!
3,411 Posts
If you've never done one before, I would *highly* recommend making your first outing with the Audi club. It will be incredibly cheap because its your first one, and in spite of being 'Audi club' there are a few instructors with Lotus cars, so its reasonable to believe you'll get instructed (for free!) by someone who owns the same car as you. The events are well organized and well run.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
If you've never done one before, I would *highly* recommend making your first outing with the Audi club. It will be incredibly cheap because its your first one, and in spite of being 'Audi club' there are a few instructors with Lotus cars, so its reasonable to believe you'll get instructed (for free!) by someone who owns the same car as you. The events are well organized and well run.
You have to get your Skiff ride! Woohoo!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts