The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I purchased my 06 lotus from them in November. I give them my seal of approval, and would use them again in the future.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Can't keep away from the NSX's eh Jim? hehehehe

Good luck to you bro! We have a lot of one-off speciality dealers like this in IL it seems. Haven't heard much if anything about this one though.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Hi Jim,

Sorry, I don't know anything about them. I don't really like little dealers like this, yet I did buy my 993TT from one in Florida. I'm always afraid all their cars are rebuilt wrecks. Are you flying over? Need a ride from the airport or anything. I'm doing nothing this weekend.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. It's a very high mileage car with a clean car-fax. I am planning on having the timing-belt, water pump and possibly clutch done by an Acura tech and will figure that into my offer price.
Phlyp: you are right, she's like an old girlfriend you can't forget!
Tracy: thanks for the offer but my son and I will drive in Sat. am. (He wants to look for skis while we are in town, lol)

·
Registered
294 Posts
I got my lotus from them last year and they were great, real nice guys.

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Audi board references the same story ( a guy who bought a 996 sight unseen in FL) that I've seen linked to other sites! It just goes to show how one negative review can get all over the internet. hmm, guess I'll check it out.:shrug:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, I bought it, wish me luck! I deducted the cost of a new clutch and the 60 k service from my offer price and he accepted. sure is purdy...:D

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Congratulations!!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks Jack and Tracy, this one will be more of a garage queen and weekend cruiser than a track-rat. Well, maybe, noon touring sessions, but that's it, seriously...

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
this one will be more of a garage queen and weekend cruiser than a track-rat. Well, maybe, noon touring sessions, but that's it, seriously...
Congrats! You'll have to join us for a group drive this spring. Can't wait to see it.

You mentioned once before that you didn't think you would track another street car. I think I'm going to follow your lead on this. I've done it and it was fun, but it seems there are better ways to enjoy track time. I will continue to track the cycle. And, I think you very well may already be driving in the most exciting vehicle on the track - a kart.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Witnessed yet another rear toe-link failure (of a 240 Cup car) last year at BHF. I love to instruct and drive other people's cars on the track. The NSX is gonna be too old for any serious track duty other than touring and lead-follow sessions. Meanwhile, I'll stick to rented race-cars.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I just bought my 06 Exige and it passed though Windy City Motorsports. They picked it up at an auction after it was repo'd from original owner. It was sold via ebay motors to a guy in LA who never registered it and immediately put it back on ebay (trying to turn a quick profit). Made me paranoid a bit but I checked out the carfax and called the lender who confirmed they sold it at auction to WCM and everything seemed to be legit. Called the salesman (same guy in the google article) at WCM who was very helpful and confirmed the chain of events. So far it seems to be just fine and I am driving around with a HUGE grin on my face.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats! You'll have to join us for a group drive this spring. Can't wait to see it.

You mentioned once before that you didn't think you would track another street car. I think I'm going to follow your lead on this. I've done it and it was fun, but it seems there are better ways to enjoy track time. I will continue to track the cycle. And, I think you very well may already be driving in the most exciting vehicle on the track - a kart.
The kart has been a blast to drive but a real bitch to keep running. Haven't logged as much seat time in it as the formula 2000. Definately up for a group drive w/ all the Chicago and WI folks this spring!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.