The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,986 Posts
Andrew, that is probably my laugh of the day. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
Good thing this was a BMW and not an Exige or Elise. Engine being in the rear :facepalm

The rear clamshell would be a goner...

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Good thing this was a BMW and not an Exige or Elise. Engine being in the rear :facepalm

The rear clamshell would be a goner...
Radiator is in the front...

In any case, the picture looks fake. The car seems to have a normal stance, which I would not expect if it really had 1200 pounds of beef on the front.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
CURSES!!!

I was out driving around today and it snowed a little bit, but I guess it was enough to warrant salting the roads.

EFF

WHAT DO I DO I know I drove over many patches of salted roads.

I probably do not have access to hosewater at my house at this point in the season and if I go to a self service car wash, I will pick up salt again by the time I get home!

It wasnt much salt, but anyone have any suggestions?

What does salt do to our cars?

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
CURSES!!!

I was out driving around today and it snowed a little bit, but I guess it was enough to warrant salting the roads.

EFF

I probably do not have access to hosewater at my house at this point in the season and if I go to a self service car wash, I will pick up salt again by the time I get home!

For some unknown reason I decided to take the Elise out for a date with my wife tonight. It is cold, but was clear all day. As we are sitting down to eat we see white out Blizzard conditions outside. I think sh&t, I'm 15 miles from home and it's looking bad outside.
Took 2 hours to make it back home (barely). Snow never made it to my house, so I washed and rinsed her down at a car wash on the way home. Salt was washed away. It is now safely back in the garage.
A news van was filming a car in a ditch as we drove by. My car was on the 11 o'clock news. Lol. I look like a dumba$s, out in blizzard conditions in a Lotus?
Should have taken the wrangler.

As far as your car goes, wash it well tomorrow.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
11,986 Posts
CURSES!!!

EFF

Salt Away, a marine solvent that instantly neutralizes salt. Amazon, elsewhere.

Some boat guys have to run salt water thru the cooling passages.

·
Registered
105 Posts
A news van was filming a car in a ditch as we drove by. My car was on the 11 o'clock news. Lol. I look like a dumba$s, out in blizzard conditions in a Lotus?
Should have taken the wrangler.
Hey Chris,

I saw that clip and wondered who that was out in their Lotus! Glad you made it home safely.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Hey Chris,

I saw that clip and wondered who that was out in their Lotus! Glad you made it home safely.

Kevin
Hey Kevin,
Are you the same Kevin that drives into Logan every day for work?
If so, glad to see you're still around. If not, nice to see we have another Lotus owner fairly close by.

Chris

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
hopefully I can get the salt off this week when its not freezing cold

I'm going to suck it up and wash it in the rain on wednesday

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
so... looks like its warming up this weekend.

60+ degrees? and rain?

melting away

1 - 16 of 16 Posts