The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The fire started on the outside siding or roof overhang, the building and all the contents were destroyed along with an RV parked along side. Firefighters "contained" the blaze so the house next door sustained only minor damage (comparatively). The exact cause was not determined. Investigators found the building's electrical system seemed sound and the fire did not start at any of the vehicles or other motorized equipment, or at any fuel cans stored nearby. Unusual broken glass was found near the point of ignition and arson was not ruled out, but it may also be possible that a mouse got into a light fixture.

But on the bright side, I've got some salvage parts available for a '72 Elan Sprint with low miles and less than 4,000 miles since rebuild LOL :cry:. In southern california near Agoura. You can see the engine in the pic; the trans other than the shift knob, the brake calipers, the steering column and rack all look ok (too bad about that signature steering wheel), at least three of the wheels seem ok and the other two might be repairable, along with all four of the (formerly) chrome trim rings. The thin aluminum differential case is partially melted, but the rear half-shaft that I could see looks ok. I think I saw the jack in there.... The whole thing could go pretty easily on a small trailer or flatbed. Hate to see vintage Lotus parts go to a metal recycler.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts