The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I don't want to buy a turbo kit, I rather do my own turbo setup & fabrication.
My only question is the exhaust manifold. Is the turbo exhaust manifold of a toyota celica gts will work on the Elise? Is there anyone you know selling just the turbo exhaust manifold?

I want to do the project in winter time.

Thank you people!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Deja Vu --- so, the radiumauto turbo exhaust manifold will work for my fabrication? I appreciate the info. I'm pretty sure I can do this project. I did a few turbo setup from the past.

·
Registered
577 Posts
You're welcome. I don't see any reason it shouldn't work, my whole setup is custom fabbed. I'm going to have to change a bit going to this manifold, but I think it will be well worth it over the other option of having one custom made from steel tubing. Plus it looks really good. :)

You might want to check out their new plug and play EMS as well. You are going to need some engine management.

·
Registered
104 Posts
What are you both using, or are planning on using, for engine management? I have a GT2860RS on the shelf just begging to make its way into the Elise but engine management is concerning me.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm basically using a custom fabbed stand alone AEM EMS like the one Radium now sells as plug and play. It's really impressive, I haven't even started to tap some of it's yet. If I was doing it now I'd go with their solution.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah AEM EMs is what I'm leaning of using it. I had it in my Lotus 7 with Honda s2000 engine and works like a charm -- plug and play.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Radium sells the pieces individually so you an piece together your kit if you *really* feel like doing some of it yourself.

With that said in general I think its far better to use an off-the-shelf kit for most people. The engineering that is put into it is far worth the little bit extra that it costs. If you must do it yourself I would highly recommend at least purchasing the cast manifold from radium, and getting an a good engine management solution.

·
Registered
591 Posts
*noob post* can the stock ecu work with a boosted application through a reflash, etc?? currently doing my research and see radium has an aem ems, is there another solution?

·
Registered
591 Posts
no hope for stock ecu at all with f/i?

if so, would the hydra replace the oem, or piggyback off of it? when i had my built tt 350z every ems setup was essentially a "standalone piggyback" if that makes sense.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
no hope for stock ecu at all with f/i?

if so, would the hydra replace the oem, or piggyback off of it? when i had my built tt 350z every ems setup was essentially a "standalone piggyback" if that makes sense.
Stock ECU reflash is coming soon. Perhaps a month or two.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Im going to turbo mines also... It's better to part your own bc you get the best of everything well that's if you know what your looking at and for that as

1 - 14 of 14 Posts