The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I don't want to buy a turbo kit, I rather do my own turbo setup & fabrication.
My only question is the exhaust manifold. Is the turbo exhaust manifold of a toyota celica gts will work on the Elise? Is there anyone you know selling just the turbo exhaust manifold?

I want to do the project in winter time.

Thank you people!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Deja Vu --- so, the radiumauto turbo exhaust manifold will work for my fabrication? I appreciate the info. I'm pretty sure I can do this project. I did a few turbo setup from the past.

·
Registered
577 Posts
You're welcome. I don't see any reason it shouldn't work, my whole setup is custom fabbed. I'm going to have to change a bit going to this manifold, but I think it will be well worth it over the other option of having one custom made from steel tubing. Plus it looks really good. :)

You might want to check out their new plug and play EMS as well. You are going to need some engine management.

·
Registered
104 Posts
What are you both using, or are planning on using, for engine management? I have a GT2860RS on the shelf just begging to make its way into the Elise but engine management is concerning me.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm basically using a custom fabbed stand alone AEM EMS like the one Radium now sells as plug and play. It's really impressive, I haven't even started to tap some of it's yet. If I was doing it now I'd go with their solution.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah AEM EMs is what I'm leaning of using it. I had it in my Lotus 7 with Honda s2000 engine and works like a charm -- plug and play.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Radium sells the pieces individually so you an piece together your kit if you *really* feel like doing some of it yourself.

With that said in general I think its far better to use an off-the-shelf kit for most people. The engineering that is put into it is far worth the little bit extra that it costs. If you must do it yourself I would highly recommend at least purchasing the cast manifold from radium, and getting an a good engine management solution.

·
Registered
591 Posts
*noob post* can the stock ecu work with a boosted application through a reflash, etc?? currently doing my research and see radium has an aem ems, is there another solution?

·
Registered
591 Posts
no hope for stock ecu at all with f/i?

if so, would the hydra replace the oem, or piggyback off of it? when i had my built tt 350z every ems setup was essentially a "standalone piggyback" if that makes sense.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
no hope for stock ecu at all with f/i?

if so, would the hydra replace the oem, or piggyback off of it? when i had my built tt 350z every ems setup was essentially a "standalone piggyback" if that makes sense.
Stock ECU reflash is coming soon. Perhaps a month or two.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts