The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Wiper arm

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Erik L 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where to buy or how to fix striped groves on the wiper arm's spleen?
Thank You,
Jim
93 Esprit LHD

#2 ·
Have you tried to re-dress the existing splines on both the wiper arm & drive? Often, that works.

If it doesn't, the arm splines are purposely softer than the drive. Ask about a new arm at the ULPS (Usual Lotus Parts Suspects, like JAE). Or get a used one from S Auto Parts on Ebay (Slava81)

Last resort are the UK vendors (like SJSportcars).

#5 ·
Thank you all for the good advice. In my case here the wiper arm is whipped out and someone in the past tried to fix it with a brass fitting that did not work. Carbuff suggested Slava81 on ebay. I was going to order the one he has had for sale but I thought I'd Check here first. I'll call JAE today and if they don't carry one it's Slava81 here I come.
One more quick question, does anyone know who manufactured the arm.
Thanks again, Jim

#6 ·
Reviving old thread

I have a stripped wiper arm - how do you remove the second little support arm thing? Going to try a used arm first, then get a new one from JAE.

How much are the new ones? approx.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.