The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently Lotus has seen it fit not to use a universal 26" wiperblade for our cars. Does anyone know of any source for replacement blades?
Thanks

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
You can actually just replace the rubber insert. I used one from bmw, and it worked perfect. Like $4. If you want the part number let me know.

Edit: sorry didn't see this was in the evora section, but mine on the elise is 26" as well, so it may be the same.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
From the cross reference I've seen its the same blade as the Mercedes CLS (C219 plattform). Haven't tried it myself though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great info I can't stand driving with streaky wiper blades
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
Tire Rack Valeo blades work just fine

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Wait a minute. You are telling me you can take your car out into the RAIN!!!:p
I think I turned my wipers on once by mistake:p
In truth, the only time my car has ever gotten wet is whan I wash it.
Unfortunately now I have to get it ready to tuck it away for the winter.:(

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Your Evora can even be driven in the winter through SNOW :clap:

In fact, its a great car in any conditions.

And don't forget that LOTUS is long renowned for its under water capabilities.

·
Registered
878 Posts
In the Rain

Wait a minute. You are telling me you can take your car out into the RAIN!!!:p
I think I turned my wipers on once by mistake:p
In truth, the only time my car has ever gotten wet is whan I wash it.
Unfortunately now I have to get it ready to tuck it away for the winter.:(
Mine has been out in two driving rain storms (so heavy you had to drive quite slow - no planing) as well as a few normal showers - no issues.

Whenever I wash it, it generates a variety of error codes. The last time I placed a plastic sheet over the motor, but apparently did not do a very good job of covering the areas prone to moisture from washing. Mostly I just use spray mist detailer to clean it, but after being out in the rain it needs a regular wash.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I have. I haven't washed my car for the last 12 months . Only quick details.

My only problem in the rain was that the cabin air filter stunk when wet but ever since the seals have been replaced I haven't had a single stinky incident :)

Back on topic-- anyone ever use a razor blade restore the edge of a wipers? I think there was an aftermarket product to do this... I haven't replaced mine yet. They still are new after almost 3 years (my windshield is clean 99.9% of the time).

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Driven in the rain and wash it weekly never any issues....

My blades are starting to go so ill keep an eye on this thread

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My car is a year round daily driver. Even have a set of winter tires. I does quite well in the snow. Probably sees more rain than most as I tend to drive my cobra roadster on the sunny dry days.
BRGElise thanks I completely forgot about tirerack just ordered one.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Tri-Core model # 26-1 is supposed to fit the Elise, costs less than 12 dollars. O Reily autoparts carries this product.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I'm in seattle, i'll need this data soon enough. back later.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The Valeo blade appears to be available on Amazon. I don't need to replace mine yet so I haven't tried one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got a replacement in Halfords in the UK.
It is a Bosch Aerotwin AM26U 26inch blade.

While it is not listed in the in-store reference book, when they entered my registration/license plate into their computer this is what it came up with.

The mounting is a universal one but fits on the Evora wiper arm straight out of the box.

It is not as pretty as the OEM one!

Once it rains here I will report on performance.

Update - it works perfectly.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ended up ordering the Valeo one from tirerack. Fit was perfect works well in the rain and snow(yes we got our first snowfall in New England last week)
Not as pretty as the stock one but works just fine and only $17

·
Registered
392 Posts
Which Valeo model did you guys go with? I'm in need of replacing mine finally.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=valeo+wiper+blades+26&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Avaleo+wiper+blades+26&ajr=0[/ame]

Or if Bosch, could I just get this set of two?

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-Aerotwin-3397118942-Equipment-Replacement/dp/B002G3G0Y4/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1521345159&sr=1-2&keywords=bosch+aerotwin+26+inch+blade[/ame]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts