The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have the wire guide for the radio/ign/lights and other stuff. putting a radio soon and need this stuff.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Look at the back of the Blaupunkt manual. That should be more than enough info to install a new stereo.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i seen that but i also need a few more wires. like speed sensor wire and some others. i dont know all of them yet.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
ISO connector pinout for the radio is standardised, so unless USA head units don't use these (why not? a bit silly if you ask me..) it should just be 'plug and go'.

Eg. this one:

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/iso_plug/Dir1/ISO_Stecker_eng.htm?0.7434182043741084

Ignore the third connector in the diagram (pins 17 - 26) as these are not really standardised.

The first two are ISO-standard. Wire colors are irrelevant, pin numbers are important.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that helps a little but do you have the schematic to the ecu?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just look at the online install guide and it looks like i just need the speed sensor input wire. the rest is pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Are you getting rid of the touring radio?

I'm guessing that this is what you are referring to-

It has an adjustment for sound levels that is based on noise that you can make(see page 13 of the manual) but someone once posted that it is not wired up in our cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts