The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the rebuilt racing green '05 Elise that Wirewheel posted on LT on 12/12/14. The photos from the salvage yard are online and show a light hit to the right front corner which of course took out the clam, radiator and misc. small bits. Why did the insurance company total it? I don't know and I don't care. Is it perfect? What car is? It runs perfect, looks great and is as I would have special ordered it. My list of fix items is find a boot carpet button. Rebuilt cars are not at the top of everybody's list. As time goes on, more cars will be wrecked and modified leaving fewer virgin examples. Something to thing about. If/when I look for another car, Wirewheel will be my 1st search. It was a pleasure dealing with Hayes Harris. And by the way, the credit union, insurance company and Maine DMV were good with this.

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
I always look through wire wheel's site first when I am looking for a Lotus. Always gets amazing reviews.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
My OCD ritual is to go to wirewheel, look for S1 or S3 V6 Exiges that can (through some miracle) be registered and drivable on the street. I probably account for 1/5 of his traffic doing this lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts