The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you have amped your cars yet? I havn't really looked behind the carpeting and insulation of my car to find the holes in the firewall that will lead into the cabin yet, but I figured some of you probably can tell me where to look. Btw, my car has the touring option.

I am going to wire a 2 channel kenwood amp. I dont know if I should keep the amp in the trunk or in the cabin of the car either. I am sure the hardest thing to do will be running the wires to the head unit. I am slapping my Alpine unit in for a little more power and XM.

The amp is to power two infinity 6.5" kappa perfects (the component system). I am only going to use the woofers in a custom sealed box though. I am filtering only bass to the speakers. At 400 watts, they add a ton of bass.

I will add pictures as I go. I am sure it will be helpful to others like myself. Like I said though, my biggest concern is wiring the amp in. Any help would be great.

-Whit

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hello,

Can't help you with the wiring. I do worry about installing an amp in the trunk of the Elise though. Given the propensity for water to get in there and all. I don't know if it only happens when the car is facing uphill during a storm or wash or what. Sounds like bad news to put electronics back there. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts