The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that the two convenience lights in my 2000 V8 Esprit trunk do not come on. In troubleshooting, I see the switch on the passenger side near the engine cover, but there is no wire running to this switch. Does anyone know the routing of these wires? Can't figure out why they would have been removed by previous owner.

thanks

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,259 Posts
Folks remove the wires to those interior light switches because the battery can run down if the trunk or frunk are not latched.

In the rear, have you tried to find the wires under the trunk carpet?

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Seems pretty crazy that somebody would go to the trouble of removing the wires altogether. Most folks I've seen just pop the connector off the switch when leaving the trunk open.

I fabricated a temp switch holding device from a flattened piece of PVC tubing, because I didn't want to mess with any circuit that might be tied in to the Cobra alarm thereby tempting it to do something stupid.

Reactions: DailyDriver

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
The plug and wire are either under the carpet or stuck behind the panel. That switch turns the boot light on and also is for the alarm. Most owners just unplug it.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
1998 Lotus Esprit V8
165 Posts
Pull the boot floor - it's probably back there like David mentioned. I accidentally reainstalled my boot floor once with the pigtail stuck inside the engine bay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I noticed today that the two convenience lights in my 2000 V8 Esprit trunk do not come on. In troubleshooting, I see the switch on the passenger side near the engine cover, but there is no wire running to this switch. Does anyone know the routing of these wires? Can't figure out why they would have been removed by previous owner.

thanks
I am guessig that he though the boot light didn't go off. Lotus curs are known for battery drain so he/she was trying to stop this. The better way is to shut someome small in the boot and let them see if the light/s go our with the wire connected. Good luck. Mike.

·
'95 S4s & '79 JPS #040
83 Posts
Any electrical savvy owners out there who can explain/resolve the issue where our cars drain the battery?

-Rich
'95 S4s ...SHF63000
'79 JPS #040

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Supposedly it's between the alarm system and ECU (ie sleep mode) not being designed for efficient power management.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've pulled thre truck carpet, pulled the cover on the taillight bulbs and dug around back by the battery all to no avail. Possible for someone to indicate where there wires are routed to so I can deepen my search?

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Did you pull the carpet back from the trunk/engine bulkhead?

Also maybe look under the trunk (from underneath the car) to see if there are any loose dangling wires or connectors?

Reactions: carbuff
1 - 10 of 10 Posts