The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Correct, and a Relay under the interior dash. I found a photo taken 10/31/14 that shows this same connector not being connected to anything...?

I'm reading through the wiring diagrams now with no luck yet...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Perhaps check it for voltage under different scenarios? With driving lights on and off? With the colors, I cannot help thinking it is part of that circuit. But for whatever reason superfluous. Is there any chance the tech putting your harness together had an extra pint at lunch and added something extra?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The "extra" connector, blue/red & blue/black appears to be for the Driving Lights. When connected to the DLs, the dash console switch does nothing, but both DLs auto illuminate with high beams. I went back to the other connector, blue/red & blue/red that allows the dash console switch to manually activate the DLs with high beams.

Mine can't be the only wiring harness that has this extra DL connector?

·
Registered
311 Posts
In the very early models (see Tim Mullen's post below), the DLs came on with the brights and there was no plug for the switch in the cockpit (no need). Maybe the person putting yours together started with outdated instructions and upon realizing the error added the right plug but didn't bother to remove the old. I like the button too, though many prefer the auto-on option. So you can please both camps if were ever to sell. :)

Yours may be unique. What's your number? There's a thread here somewhere with numbers and when things changed. I have 3013 (that's when they changed the ride height, so I get a mention in the Service Manual).

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Tim is still the man! RIP!!

If by number, you mean the last four digits of my VIN, mine is 0133.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts