The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just got a BRP Elise and it is due to arrive in central Wisconsin next week. I'd like to know where my Lotus neighbors might be.

Cheers, Todd

·
Super Moderator
2,845 Posts
Hi Todd and congrats on the new Elise! :wave:

As John said I am in Racine and, like the rest of the guys here in WI, I am just waiting for winter to be done so we can get back to driving our cars. I hope your new car arrives safely and you enjoy many miles with it.

Dan

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great to hear from my fellow polar bears. Right now I'm hibernating here in my rural home about 12 miles northeast of Stevens Point.

This week I'll be taking delivery of my Elise from Hollywood; here's the seller's photo book of the car: Picasa Web Albums - The Rodg Mahal - Elise - 12-7-08
I hope I can get it from the drop off point to my snow covered home!

I'm looking forward to meeting other Lotus owners to learn a few things and maybe take a drive...

Cheers, Todd

·
Registered
361 Posts
welcome aboard, tesprit, do you work in Franklin by any chance?

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm probably closest to you.... Minocqua area. Good to see another Lotus in "da Nortwoods."...Dave
Dave,

Great to hear from you. I plan to take some runs north of Antigo area this year, maybe you can join me. Perhaps you have some suggested northwoods drives that I should know about too.

I also love to drop in on RoadAmerica events, although that is a longer run for you...

Feel free to PM for contact info. Regards, Todd

·
Registered
361 Posts
I work at an office in Franklin on Tuesdays most weeks.

Nice looking car, Todd. Hope the weather is favorable for your drive home.
Im guessing on 76th and Rawson?

My mom has called me before after seeing your car and asking me to check my garage to make sure my car is still there. ha

·
Registered
782 Posts
Moto44 and some of the Chicago Lotuscorps guys are interested in a trip to "da nortwoods" in the late spring or summer and we may be organizing a group outing on some of te really good roads up here. There are some intersting roads in the Iola area west of you. We always come down for the Iola Old Car event and try and make as many Road America events as possible. Lotus was the featured mark at an SVRA (or was it VSCDA) event a few years ago and we all got to drive the track at fairly serious speed a few years ago. The Alfa club of Chicago ususally does a track day there in October and if you volunteer as a corner worker, you can drive it during the lunch break. Someone seriously trashed an Elise during that event a few years back...Dave

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Oops.....forgot, I'm in Michigan...( well, it's close; and almost as cold ! )

Attachments

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'm probably closest to you.... Minocqua area. Good to see another Lotus in "da Nortwoods."...Dave
Dave, i just drove through there last weekend on my way to ski the Birkebiener. Living in santa barbara and not being on skis for 4 years made 31 miles on XC skis a long day. Great area you just need to really like winter. Being from Wi what i say is i miss winter recreation not winter. carl

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome to the club!

My family has a place in the Eagle River area. And like Dave said, I plan to organize a group sometime this summer for a weekend north.
Thanks for all the welcomes. I'd love to be included in any informal gatherings up this way.:cool:

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
would all of you WI lotus owners ever fancy a trip to the western portion of the state to do a possible meetup with some of the MN guys if we make a trip over the border to your side and maybe meet halfway or something?

Jamie
Might work for me. I have a daughter going to school in Northfield (St. Olaf), and more family in Eau Claire, WI. There are some beautiful drives on both sides of the river...

Todd

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.