The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey midwest area Lotus owners, WI/CHI owners especially, I would like to invite you guys to my 8th annual meet!

The gist is you basically show up anytime around 11am and stay to talk about cars, eat free food, drink free beer, play some cornhole in a tournament, and if you feel like it spend some money on the raffle for prizes. We generally disband around 5-6 o'clock, with dinner optional for anyone that wants to stay later (short cruise to a local resturant).

Its geared towards Wisconsin SRTs, as I started this as a teenager with my SRT-4. Most attendee's will also have an SRT-4, but don't let that scare you off, we are NOT your typical dousche bag SRT-4 owners, I promise! I recently bought a Viper so we're hoping to have a sizeable snake pit too. I'm hoping to get 5-6+ LotusTalk members there, and if we do I'll try and get some Lotus themed stuff for the raffle. I know many of the WISRTS guys have respet for the Lotus cars.

http://www.wisrts.com/forums/showthread.php?5672-TGAMVIII-WI-s-largest-meet-Don-t-miss-it!

Thanks, hope to see you there!

-Greg

TL : DR - Free beer if you hang out with some Chrysler Group guys!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Ahhh... damn. That is the same weekend as WMHM @ Gingerman so I won't be around :(

I can't believe I haven't made it to one of these yet. To those that are considering going, you should I've heard its a great time!

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
Well I will be there! I feel this would be a good excuse to get all the Milwaukee area owners together! Hint hint nudge nudge, know what I mean?

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
hey, i might show. post reminders when it gets close.
btw, i used to have a slightly modded srt4. best performance car for around 20k (new) you could buy. best 4 banger engine too. period.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
im personally gauging interest in this one as well

never owned an SRT though, but i like Vipers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for the invite!

We'll be there with the Club Racer.
We might also be able to get other Green Bay area cars down there as well, a Viper and some Triumph's.
Regards,
Gary and Nancy

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We'll be there with the Club Racer.
We might also be able to get other Green Bay area cars down there as well, a Viper and some Triumph's.
Regards,
Gary and Nancy
Awesome! I sold a Triumph motorcycle to buy the Viper. I know the cars and the bikes aren't exactly the same per se but after owning the Daytona 675 I've grown to like the cars too!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey, i might show. post reminders when it gets close.
btw, i used to have a slightly modded srt4. best performance car for around 20k (new) you could buy. best 4 banger engine too. period.
The engine is fantastic! My SRT-4 has 135k on it, still burns tires like a champ. The trans isn't as great, but that also has gone 135k and hasn't left me stranded...

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
well, ill most likely be attending this

im not sure if a buddy of mine knows about these meets but he has an srt4 as well (nice guy too)... illl see if hes interested in tagging along

otherwise itll just be me

also, i would be willing to meet with other lotus attendees before arriving if you guys would like to caravan to the event?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Caravaning would also ensure you are parked near each other!

Who is your friend? I might know him.

I'm learning quickly that, chances are, he's heard of the meet! I'm meeting a lot of people with the purchase of my Viper, and probably majority of them have heard about it from one way or another. Its fascinating to me, how this meet has grown. It's a monster of its own in the SRT community in WI, whenever a new member joins the wisrts.com boards I'm never even the first one to invite them to my own meet! Haha!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Caravaning would also ensure you are parked near each other!

Who is your friend? I might know him.

I'm learning quickly that, chances are, he's heard of the meet! I'm meeting a lot of people with the purchase of my Viper, and probably majority of them have heard about it from one way or another. Its fascinating to me, how this meet has grown. It's a monster of its own in the SRT community in WI, whenever a new member joins the wisrts.com boards I'm never even the first one to invite them to my own meet! Haha!
his name is Branden & he has a blue srt4 with the stock rims... however im not 100% sure what he all has done to it (its lowered, with a few other goodies)

said hes never heard of the meet... but mentioned he will try to make sure he has free for the afternoon

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As coincidence would have it, I have heard of Branden and his blue SRT-4 for the second day in a row now and I don't think I know him.

From what I hear he isn't very stock (if its the same guy)

Either way, glad to hear you're going to make it out!

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
The engine is fantastic! My SRT-4 has 135k on it, still burns tires like a champ. The trans isn't as great, but that also has gone 135k and hasn't left me stranded...
i never missed a shift or ground going hard into a gear.
if the car was rear wheel drive id still have it.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
so 3 (possibly 4) lotus members will show?

lets try to get a solid 5 (or more) to this one

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Got a Triumph show with her Stag. She's the eventmaster, so if I don't show, she'll probably kill me in her sleep.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is next weekend, as in a week from this Saturday!

Looking forward to seeing you all. This is gonna be big with a good variety of cars really!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts