The Lotus Cars Community banner

Would you trade-in your current Elise/ExigeEvora for a new Lotus sports car?

• I'd consider it.

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Not a chance.

Votes: 10 55.6%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it's too early to even contemplate this, since there has been zero information about the new model, but if it's phenomenal, I could see jumping in.

I'm also watching closely for Gordon Murray's new (more) affordable sports car...

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
all rumors I've heard about the last petrol-powered lotus is that they are hoping it's cheaper than the S2 Evoras when new... targeting C8 corvette price point... so a base of about $60k... and I would be surprised if it's performance outshines the 400/410/GT. My feeling is that it will be a almost a rebodied Evora with Volvo derived interior and exterior following the design language of the Evija while running possibly a refreshed/updated (if needed) S1 Evora 2GR.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have been trying to figure out what an "upgrade" looks like for an Elise and the only thing I can find is the Exige. There is just nothing else that feels and handles like an Elise / Exige I am starting to become convinced. I think I will have either an Elise or Exige for the rest of my life as long as they are available / legal. Seriously considering upgrading the Elise to a low mile Exige S240 just to have close to the best performing version of this platform and keeping it long term.

If lotus somehow comes out with a car that feels just as good as the Elise / Exige and is available here in the US I would be down, but that doesn't seem possible / likely.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have been trying to figure out what an "upgrade" looks like for an Elise and the only thing I can find is the Exige. There is just nothing else that feels and handles like an Elise / Exige I am starting to become convinced. I think I will have either an Elise or Exige for the rest of my life as long as they are available / legal. Seriously considering upgrading the Elise to a low mile Exige S240 just to have close to the best performing version of this platform and keeping it long term.

If lotus somehow comes out with a car that feels just as good as the Elise / Exige and is available here in the US I would be down, but that doesn't seem possible / likely.
The Alfa 4C is an option I think.

·
Vendor
3,299 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
207 Posts
I love the idea, but from what I have heard it will be bigger and "more practical" than the Evora. Not interested. If it was a new Elise and going to make it to the US, I would be very interested. Price it around $60k and still be close to or under 2000 lbs with a manual transmission... I'm all in!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hopefully, the return of Lotus to the states with new models will bolster the value of our 'classic,' pre-Geely models as brand awareness is re-energized. I'm looking forward to seeing it, but wont be a first adopter - it'll have problems like all new Lotus, but once worked out, should be a hoot to drive, even if less visceral than our current elise/exiges.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts