The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
LotusLust said:
"we won't sell it for less than 6k over"

he offered me the black for $5k over. sounds like it is for sale to me...since we are talking offered cars, the laser blue at BMC that perrty passed over in SF is at 7500 over with sport pkg and no touring
In all seriousness, one car will be the demo cars. It's just a matter of which one will sell first (Black or Storm TI).

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
black is demo with 800 some odd miles if i recall

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
well, i hope they sell the ST first. The black one has the sport pack.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
shay2nak said:
well, i hope they sell the ST first. The black one has the sport pack.
Shay, I vaguely recall Dan saying they woud prefer to sell their current black demo before the Storm TI.

I would have thought they could get more for an undrive Storm TI, but I think it has something to do with the number of miles a "new, unregistered" car can have before it's considered used.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
as i told dan after he told me they were not going to gouge on the cars (weel- after i stopped laughing) they are in a good town to try to extract an overly high price. but not from me. told him my limit and thanked him for his time.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
i called Dan yesterday to make an appointment to drive the black demo. He only asked me if I was local and i told him i'd be driving from Tucson. I said I'd be there on Saturday around 1pm and he asked me to call him ahead of time. I just hope they'll still have it there. I'm having fun in Tucson! can't wait to drive to Scottsdale!

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
well, i just came back from scottsdale (have a few pics i will post next week when i get home). I had a badass time up there, but my day was ruined when i visited Dan for the test drive. He tells me this chick from Tucson called him yesterday and put a deposit down to buy the car and she was coming up today to buy it!!! I KNEW IT!!! The Bundy Curse!!! GODDAMN IT!!! i am never going to be able to drive this car anywhere.

The black looked really good. almost enough to change my lazer blue to black. I didn't get a chance to see it outside, but i drove by later on and saw the woman who bought it. she looked about 37 and i waited outside with my friend for a while but they never brought the car out. What was funny was that he saw us outside waiting for the car to come out. I think he may have been bothered by that. I was off of work Friday, but i didn't want to drive 135 miles not knowing the usual traffic on the 10/60/101. I mean i flew from LA to Tucson, then drove from Tucson to Scottsdale just to drive this car for 10 minutes or whatever. damn man...where the hell can i go to drive this f*cking car.

the ferrari f40 they had was really beautiful...for $320k anything would be. (have pics)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Shay,
Have you not even gotten a test drive yet? Unbelievable.

Guys have had deposits for two plus years or so and don't even get test drives. Meanwhile, some dealerships are selling their demos for big premiums while other dealerships have delivered 30+ cars.

I am hearing about guys at LOA who are #30 something on the list getting build dates who put their deposits down a year after me. I will be lucky to get my car by May. If I place an order for a car - any car in the world - the order goes in by date - not by dealer "preference". Except for Lotus.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Donovan said:
If I place an order for a car - any car in the world - the order goes in by date - not by dealer "preference". Except for Lotus.
I think that's really the crux of it. While any sane person would think that all orders from customers are treated equally, serialized, and filled in some semblance of order, Lotus does not agree.

Your order queue is maintained by your dealership, who has no motivation at all to fill them in sequential order. The dealership really has no interest in the whole process until there's a car delivered that they can make some money on. The rest is paperwork and annoying phone calls from rabid drivers.

Then the dealer lists are again sorted by Lotus USA based on:
Code:
1) Number of Esprits sold at a loss
2) How clean is the florentine tile grout?
3) How pissed off will Lotus of Atlanta be if someone else somewhere gets a car?
4) How good are they in bed.
By a complex inscrutible algorithm that is, of course legally-required of Lotus, they use these factors to decide which dealership will get 57 cars this year, and which dealership will get two demos and a spare clam.

Sure, makes complete sense to me. In fact, this is exactly how Arnie was explaining it at the LA Auto Show.. there was a visual-aid drawing on the whiteboard at the Lotus Booth that looked something like:

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
Re: silicon valley

raggedy1 said:
why not fly up to NorCal and visit SVAG in Los Gatos for a test drive? the have a CO hardtop with a stage 2
yeah that would be nice. I could finally see CO in person. How about La Jolla? do they still have they're demo?

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
Donovan said:
Shay,
Have you not even gotten a test drive yet? Unbelievable.

Guys have had deposits for two plus years or so and don't even get test drives. Meanwhile, some dealerships are selling their demos for big premiums while other dealerships have delivered 30+ cars.

I am hearing about guys at LOA who are #30 something on the list getting build dates who put their deposits down a year after me. I will be lucky to get my car by May. If I place an order for a car - any car in the world - the order goes in by date - not by dealer "preference". Except for Lotus.
being able to drive a demo is worse than enduring a root canal i guess. i never thought it would be this difficult a task.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Originally posted by shay2nak I was off of work Friday, but i didn't want to drive 135 miles not knowing the usual traffic on the 10/60/101. [/B]
Generally speaking traffic on these freeways is bad from around 7 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. After 9 a.m., the car pool lane is open to all. In the afternoon, thing get heavy from around 3:30-4 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Well, since Scottsdale's sold their demo car, I guess the Storm TI or the Magnetic Blue will be their new demo car. And, we get to repeat the break in process all over again.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Generally speaking traffic on these freeways is bad from around 7 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. After 9 a.m., the car pool lane is open to all. In the afternoon, thing get heavy from around 3:30-4 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Well, since Scottsdale's sold their demo car, I guess the Storm TI or the Magnetic Blue will be their new demo car. And, we get to repeat the break in process all over again.
thanks Allan.
I guess I should have asked before. Anyway, the other cars you mentioned, are they on the lot? I didn't seen any. He did tell me about another demo being either of the 2 colors you mentioned but i don't remember how long it would be when they would get it. 3 weeks or 3 months?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Well, when I last spoke to Dan, he mentioned they were getting a Storm TI as a demo car. Their plan was to sell either the black demo or the Storm TI. Their preference was to sell the black one.

I just check thier site and it lists the Magnetic Blue as available. So, I guess the Storm TI's going to be their new demo car. But I guess if someone really wanted to buy the Storm TI, they could just make the Magnetic the demo car, since the Storm and Magnetic have the same options (touring pakcage).

http://www.lotusofscottsdale.com/lotus.html

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Well, when I last spoke to Dan, he mentioned they were getting a Storm TI as a demo car. Their plan was to sell either the black demo or the Storm TI. Their preference was to sell the black one.

I just check thier site and it lists the Magnetic Blue as available. So, I guess the Storm TI's going to be their new demo car. But I guess if someone really wanted to buy the Storm TI, they could just make the Magnetic the demo car, since the Storm and Magnetic have the same options (touring pakcage).

http://www.lotusofscottsdale.com/lotus.html
thanks Allan

·
Registered
256 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
I think my car (Magnetic Blue) is about to be built and the VIN is 30757.
It looks like my car is one car behind yours on the assembly line. My end VIN is 30759. I was told the car would be completed at the end of October and then approximately 7 weeks from there for it to reach the dealership.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
Balance
you ordered your car through Scottsdale even though you live in Newport beach?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts