The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, victory for the Lotus'! Won best exotic at Import Face Off in Ennis, Texas!

·
Registered
154 Posts
sorry my post came off wrong. Let me rephrase.....

Congrats on the win thats awesome! Jacked up was the wrong wording I only said that because mine looked like that not to long ago because i knocked my grill out drivers side. I noticed the scrape on the drivers side...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's one chip on the front drivers' side of the clam...lol, and the vent cover I have but the screw came out, haven't gotten up in there to put it back in. But if a chip on the edge of the clam is "jacked up" sure =P

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There was a Ferrari f430(bone stock no mods so they didn't give him any points really) a 2000 Lotus Esprit(honestly thought he was going to win, but it was also bone stock) only 3 cars classified as "exotics" The judges actually judged correctly based on points for mods, and not just the model of the cars.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Congrats. That's a big ass trophy.

That being said, sorry, but I'd give it to the F430 - stock or not. Even an '04 is still worth like $140K. I'd take it and buy 4 Elises! :)

And yeah, I own a Saffron Yellow Elise!

I 'lost' a best exotic at a cruise night to a Ferrari 250GTO kit car. It was beautiful, but it was a damn kit car. :)

:)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry my post came off wrong. Let me rephrase.....

Congrats on the win thats awesome! Jacked up was the wrong wording I only said that because mine looked like that not to long ago because i knocked my grill out drivers side. I noticed the scrape on the drivers side...
hahah no worries buddy, I was just being a smart ass back =P

I also agree that the Ferrari should have won. I honestly didn't think I would win when I was listening to the announcements =P

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Congrats! What kind of mods do you have?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Sweet! :up:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I don't think points for exotics should be given based on the sale price - ever! Just because you can afford a car doesn't make you worthy of receiving a trophy (and yes, it's you getting the trophy, not the car.) Someone who puts time into their cheaper exotic is more worthy that someone who only pays for and maintains a more expensive car, as long as they are doing useful and maybe unique things to it. Awards for stock cars should go to the manufacturer, not to the purchaser.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think points for exotics should be given based on the sale price - ever! Just because you can afford a car doesn't make you worthy of receiving a trophy (and yes, it's you getting the trophy, not the car.) Someone who puts time into their cheaper exotic is more worthy that someone who only pays for and maintains a more expensive car, as long as they are doing useful and maybe unique things to it. Awards for stock cars should go to the manufacturer, not to the purchaser.
Agreed :up::up:

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I'm not sure why the Lotus was in the Exotic class, other than apparently they had a class and almost no cars for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats on beating the 430 and on the win! What mods do you have? Did you only show, or get a time slip as well?

I was going to head out there myself and just watch the racing, but Wilmer/Hutchins police are hell and registration was out. Nice to know the lotus is classified in the exotic class. Will definitely be hitting up some shows soon!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts