The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Wondering what other cars were at the show?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Samurai 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
The new Morgan is right across from the Lotus exhibit, but I barely looked at it. The Lamborghinis also are close by, and I couldn't get too excited about them either. It took more than 2 hours before I could force myself to leave the Lotus corral, and I did wander around the other halls for a couple of hours, but most other cars, even rather expensive ones, just didn't grab me.

The Maserati Quattroporte was quite nice. And the Dodge Viper has a lot going for it. An Aston Martin would be quite acceptable. However, none of them seem to be going for $40K.

#4 ·
There was a Miata Coupe in the MazdaSpeed booth in the Aftermarket Hall (Kentia) that I thought looked amazing. Back end reminded me of a blend between the 3rd gen RX-7 and an Aston Martin DB4. Roof only added 10 kg, too.

Drop a Renesis rotary in it, and voila! new RX-7. Now if only Mazda would build it...

#6 ·
My wife and I live on the north edge of LA in Valencia. I won't make it to the show till Mnday night at earliest. Tonight I was out to dinner and heard two couples talking who had just returned from the show. I heard them mention the exotics room but no mention of cars other than Ferrari and Lamborghini. The majority of talk was about the great new features on the Expedition. Go figure.

It's fine with me if the Elise doesan't get noticed at all till I have mine.

Steve

#7 ·
When I returned to the Lotus display around 4 pm on Friday, I met a guy who owns a Ferrari, but was interested in picking up a car that he could have fun with and drive more often. He was probably in his late 50's. He had never heard of the Elise, but liked the way it looked. One of the Lotus guys told him that production for the next two years was pretty well spoken for, but the guy seemed like one of those money is no object types. He asked what it would take to purchase one of the models on display after the show (told they are not for sale).

In any case, after trying to get into the Elise, he lost interest. Told me that he was not flexible enough to handle it with his bad back. So off he went to look for something else.

Talked to or heard several people say what's that, and when told it was a Lotus, asked who makes it. Heard a few people complain about the Elise's looks!! Heard some complaints about how small it was. Heard some complaints about the lack of trunk space. Most people were amazed that the car was only $40K, didn't hear anyone say it seemed overpriced. But obviously very few people will actually buy the car, while many more will be buying the plethora of other cars on display at the auto show. To each their own.

#8 ·
I was impressed with the amount of great new machines. Almost every make offered up some interesting cars/trucks. Here's my list of interests: (in no particular order)

Gallardo - I like it better than 360
DB9 - I prefer AMV8
612 - what a stunner in person.
Quattroporte - very nice
Sixteen - whoa! Now that is an awesome ride.
CTS-V - understated but cool
C6 - very sexy. Looks much better than C5
H3T concept - rugged pick up
Kahuna concept - Excellent!
6Series - looks better in person
GT3 - love it, I need one.
CGT - finally an exotic looking Porsche
Ford GT - cool, though it lacks a forward rake
Mustang - best looking 'Stang in many moons
Bentley GT - very butch
MB CLS - nice departure from their slightly 'off' E-class
V70R - my next family transport?

Naturally my fav was the Elise. I could not get enough and spent over 2 hrs at the booth. What a tight little machine. We are quite fortunate indeed!!! :) :D :) :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.